Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 300 SAVAGE LOOKS GOOD

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

iTS ONE THING IF THERE IS A REASON TO DOUBLE CHECK ANOTHER IF THERE IS NOTHING THERE TO CHECK. TO MAKE IT WORSE I GET HELD UP ON THE FIRST ONE BUT GET PASSED ON THE SECOND ONE 5 MINUTES LATER. WTF. iF i WAS A NUT JOB A T A SHOW i COULD JUST KEEP GOING FROM TABLE TO TABLE UNTILL i GET PASSSED ON THE GUN i WANT. i HAVE NEVER HAD A REAL PROBLEM WITH HAVING TO REGISTER GUNS i HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE, BUT THIS IS REDICULAS. EITHER I SHOULD PASS OR NOT. NOT BE DELAYED ONE SECOND AND THEN PASSED THE NEXT WITH IDENTICAL INFORMATION. THIS IS STUPID AND REAKS OF INCONSISTNCY AND INCOMPINTANCE. iF THEY ARE MAKING MISTAKES ON ME THEN THEY ARE LIKELY MAKING MISTAKES ON JOE SERIAL KILLER AND HIS GANG OF FATHER RAPERS. TO TOP IT OFF i HAVE TO PAY A ffl TO GO THROUGH AL THIS CRAP. NO ONDER MANY OF THEM DONT WANT TO DEAL WITH TRANSFERING IN STUFF. IN A WORLD WERE i CAN CHECK MY ENTIRE CREDIT HISTORY IN SECONDS.THE US GOVERMANT THE PEOPLE IN CHARGE OF TERROISM AND HOME LAND SECURITY ECT CANT TELL IF i HAVE EVER BEEN CONVICTED OF A CRIME IN THREE DAYS. GOOD GRIEF CHARLIE BROWN

Feedback Score

You can't beat a 308 Saiga for $349.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

You can't beat a 308 Saiga for $349.
    YEA i COULDNT LET THAT DEAL GO IT GOT PUT ON THE RACK TODAY. THE DEALER IS A REALLY GREAT OLDER GUY WHO DEALS IN HUNTING TYPE STUFF. HE REALLY ISNT UP ON ak,S AND aR,S. HE SAID IT WAS WHAT THE GUY WANTED. HE HAD ANOTHER THERE WITH A AFTERMARKET STOCK AND A BIG CHEAP SCOPE FOR $550 ON CONSIGNMENT AS WELL.

TO BE HONEST iM REALLY DISAPOINTED IN THE QUALITY OF THIS SAGIA IT HAS 1/2" OF TRIGGER CREEP AND THE ACTION IS VERY TIGHT IT APPERARS THAT THE EXTRACTOR IS HITTING THE BARREL. THE DUST COVER IS RAZOR SHARP AT THE EJECTION PORT LITTERALY CUT MY WRIST. IT IS IN LIKE NEW CONDITION DOSENT EVEN HAVE A SELECTOR MARK IN THE RECIVER YET. i HATE BEING PRESSURED TO GET STUFF IN A CERTAIN CONFIGURATION BEFORE A BAN. REALLY WIISH THE TRIGGER WASENT SO BAD. i WILL SEE WHAT i CAN DO WITH IT. MY SAIGA 410 IS A LOT NICER MADE.

RIGHT NOW IM VIEWING IT AS A PARTS KIT WITH A RECIVER LOL. ITS DESTINE TO BE A 22-250 OR A 6.5 MM SOMETHING THAT WILL RUN FULL PRESSURE LOADS IN A VARMIT TYPE BUILD. I DO LIKE THE MAG FIT ON IT.

Feedback Score

Most 308 Saiga's have the pistol grip hole under the plate. A standard AK trigger can then be used. Red Star Arms has an adjustable trigger FCG that has the hammer machined to fit the 308 Saiga. I think any AK hammer can be machined / ground / Dremel to fit. The factory hammer should work with an AK74 trigger and bolt hold open can be replaced with a short piece as a spacer for the hammer. It sort of gets in the way of the standard trigger and it's spring rides by the trigger spring. The top cover can be replaced with an AK74 or AKM cover.

Feedback Score

Here's an old article with velocity and pressure of some 7.62x39 loads. The Yugoslavian ammo is is really hot in velocity and pressure. It was tested in a 20 inch pressure test barrel with a .308" bore.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

123 Hansen M67 Yugoslavian factory load 2,424 57,900 CUP
    YIKES THAT IS LIKELY AROUND 65,000 PSI. THAT IS WAY UP THERE FROM ANY PUPLISHED LOADS I HAVE SEEN. IT ALSO TELLS ME THAT AT LEAST THE YUGO IS PRETTY DAMM STRONG. THIS SHOULD ALSO EASE SOME MINDS. GOOD LINK THANK YOU. I SUPECT THE 308 BORE HAS A LITTLE TO DO WITH THE HIGHER PRESSURES. 2,424 FPS IS PRETTY GOOD AS WELL. SOME OF MY HAND LOADS ARE PRETTY HOT

Feedback Score

Yeah it lookks hot. When Ruger and Colt made rifles with .308" before there were any SAAMI standards for 7.62x39, they determined that with standard AK ammo the .308" bore increased chamber pressure by about 5,000 CUP over a .311" bore, which they thought was safe. Their proof loads ammo was from Lapua. They used standard Lapus ammo for standard ammo testing. They used chamber info from Lapua which may or may not been the same as CIP because at the time I'm not sure CIP had standards for the cartridge. Later SAAMI used specs from CIP and modified the chamber shape to ease the effect of the smaller .308" bore and reduced chamber pressure a bit. Which a .311" bore, pressure would be even lo0wer.

Feedback Score

You know 7.62x39 is one rifle cartridge that went down instead of up when SAAMI went from CUP copper crusher to transducer PSI. SAAMI CUP was 50,000 CUP and SAAMI transducer PSI is now 45,000 PSI.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

You know 7.62x39 is one rifle cartridge that went down instead of up when SAAMI went from CUP copper crusher to transducer PSI. SAAMI CUP was 50,000 CUP and SAAMI transducer PSI is now 45,000 PSI.
    Hmm thats interesting I cant think of any other instances were that has happend. there must be some reason
    Ive loaded till the primers have began to flatten in my hunting pistols (not a good idea and dont try it at home). im sure that is going to be close to 60,000 +psi. backed way off those loads.

Feedback Score

In that article a pressure test barrel was use. I'm guessing it had a tight minimum chamber. It did have a .308" bore which Ruger and Colt say increased pressure of Lapua ammo by 5,000 CUP over using a .311" bore. The other handloads in the article were shot in a very early Ruger Mini-30 and in the pressure test barrel. The handloads went up to 52,000 CUP. Ruger originally used a standard Lapua chamber, then SAAMI later developed a modified chamber based on data from CIP but modified the chamber to reduce pressure when using a .308" that was more common with US rifle makers. Ruger then went to the modified chaber designed by SAAMI and continued to use a .308" barrel for a wich. I think Ruger later went to .311" barrels but still use the SAAMI chamber which is designed to reduce chamber pressure.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.