Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: is it just me (head spacing)

Feedback Score

big gun,
    I got a chance to mic the trunion. not good. .907" the barrel mic's out at .9055". now Im not sure it would work with a rommy barrel. the more I think on this one the more Im thinking of a milled .308 ak. this would keep me from digging out and swaping to the 5.56 guide in a milled reciver. I might be able to sleve my pistol barrel and get it to work, if I ever find the barrel. muttman

Feedback Score

after too mutch thought, Im planing on turning the barrel down to 7/8" and making a sleve with a press fit o.d. I just dont like the idea fo pinging or knuraling a barrel.

muttman

Feedback Score

The Chinese 5.56 AK barrels are about 19mm at the chamber end. That should be a safe diameter but doesn't leave a lot of room for much of a sleeve. I built a 9mm AK using an Uzi barrel. I was trying to figure out how to sleeve it and not have the sleeve move while pressing the barrel. What I did was thread the barrel and sleeve. I wouldn't want to reduce the barrel diameter much on the chamber end of a 5.56.

Feedback Score

threaded sleeve. Im thinking of a 1/8" dowl pin on the sleve to barrel then turn down to proper o.d. , but turning a sleave would work better then than what I was planning. Ill be working on a sleeve tonight.
    muttman

Feedback Score

If you left a larger diameter shoulder at the front of the rear barrel journal it would keep a sleeve from backing out when pressing the barrel in the front of the trunnion.

Feedback Score

got the sleve (4130) made, drilled and taped 7/8x14 the o.d. is just over 1" that will get cut down after it is on the barrel. Im planning on using some loctite 660 quick metal on the threads to get a 100% fill in the threads and lock it in. I dont think the sleeve will move after it sets up. I had thought of leaving a "ring" to leep the sleve in place but that would require me to cut the breach to the taper. now I only need to cut the part that is used in the trunion keeping the look of the unmoded barrel. muttman

Feedback Score

after shaving the barrel and making a sleve I have now a 5.56 ak that passes the no go test. the only problem now is my gb is canted.....
    thanks for all the help.
    muttman

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.