Thread: remington 30 AR new round I like it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Default remington 30 AR new round I like it.

found this seems like a 1.5x308 barnes I wanted to build or a 30 bench rest I like it though if it lives up to the velocity gains. unlike the 6.8 spc that remington has droped.

Remington Introduces new 30 Remington AR Cartridge AccurateShooter.com Bulletin

if this round becomes avaliable im building one. any .308 bore could be rechamberd

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I already see a 6.5 version in my mind. or even a 22 version. it would be a lot better round for hunting than the 7.62x39 lots faster.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

ammo is already avaliable. Damm how did I niss this before????
    30 Remington AR

need reamers and brass dies ect. there will be a bunch of wild catsjust watch. a 6mm, 6.5, 6.8, 7mm all would be sweet. and they all would fit a AK/AR length mag

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

hmmm 44 grain case capacity almost the same as thehe 22-250 a necked down version would be a potent varmit round in a small mag. I suddendly feel the need to build a new varmit rifle.

wonder what the computer programs show a 6mm or 6.5 bullet moving at?? Im guessing around 3500-3600fps with a 60 gr bullet

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I could swear we talked about this one a while back.

It is a .450 Bushmaster "short", according to that first article:

Remington Arms just introduced a new cartridge, the 30 Remington AR (aka “30 RAR”), to be used in AR-platform rifles to be built by its DPMS subsidiary. (Remington, DPMS, and Bushmaster are all owned by Cerberus Capital Management, a private holding company.) The cartridge carries the “short, fat” design to the extreme. It is based on a shortened version of the .450 Bushmaster, which itself was a cut-down version of the .284 Winchester. Like the .284 Win, the 30 Remington AR has a rebated rim, so it will fit a .308 Win-sized boltface (0.473″). While it resembles a 30BR, the new case is much fatter, offering an impressive 44 grains of powder capacity. The portly diameter of the 30 RAR case dictates that the magazine will be a single-stack, and will hold only four (4) rounds.

Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could swear we talked about this one a while back.
    I HAD BEEN LOOKING AT THE 1.5-308 BARNES AND A CUT MAGNUM CASE SORT OF LIKE IT. AND THERE WAS SOME DISCUSSION OF NECKING DOWN A 450 BUSHMASTER WHICH IS WHAT THIS IS. AT 55,000 PSI WE CAN DO THE SAME BASIC THING IN A AK WITH A 308 WIN LOAED LIGHT. THIS ROUND IS NICE BECAUSE IT WOULD ALLOW A STOCK RECIVER TO BE USED ALONG WITH A 223 MAG FOR A SIMPELER BUILD. i THINK A 6.5MM VERSION WOULD BE THE SWEET SPOT AND ASIDE FROM TAKING UP MORE ROOM IN THE MAG WOULD KICK THE SHIT OUT OF THE GRENDAL. LOOKING AT OTHER 44 GRIN CASE CAPACITY ROUNDS IT WOULD LIKELY DO 2500+ FPS IN 6.5 MM. AS IS ITS NO SLOUCH FOR A HUNTING ROUND OUT TO 250 YARDS. WAY BETER THAN A 30-30

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I HAVE A DECENT YUGO BARREL WITH SOME THROAT EROSION THAT I AM THINKING OF SETTING BACK AND RECHAMBERING INTO THIS ROUND ID HAVE TO MOVE THE RSB FORWARD AND SHORTEN THE GAS TUBE SOME. OR JUST RECHMBERING A 30-06 BARREL AND PROFILING IT. ONE OF MY MILLED KITS MIGHT BE A CANIDATE FOR THIS AS WELL. ITS TO BAD THE ROMMYS ALL HAVE CHROME BARRELS MAKING RECHAMBERING DIFFICULT. IT WOULD BE A QUICK REWORK OF ONE OF MY EXISTING GUNS.

i WISH THERE WAS A WAY TO OVER LAY THE 7.62X39 SPECS OVER THE TOP OF THE 30 REM AR. TO SEE IF A RECHAMBER WOULD COMPLETLY CLEAN UP THE CHAMBER WITH OUT HAVING TO SET A BARREL BACK. i SUSPOSE i COULD PRINT BOTH AND JUST LAY ONE OVER THE OTHER . IF i COULD GET THEM THE SAME SIZE

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.