Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: .22 conversion questions

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default .22 conversion questions

A friend and I are discussing what it would take to build our own .22LR conversions for AKs. We have heard so many horror stories about Ceiner conversions that we dont want to gamble with them. We were wondering if the little barrel stub that fits into the chamber of their .223 AK conversions had any rifling in them, or if they rely on the AK's barrel to engage? For the 7.62 conversions we are discussing, it's a moot point, because they would have a few more inches of .22 barrel that will have to have rifling.

Anyone have a .22 conversion for your .223 AK?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Im pretty sure the adapter is smooth bore for the 223 conversion. if it wasent you would have to have a exact match in rifleling to work right IMOO. im kicking around a conversion or a scratch built gun from spare parts. I want a 17 hmr as well. you can get 22lr to 223 chamber addapters for around $20. not sure how you would get it to feed and extract. I think on the ceiner set up the the addapter is sticking out of the barrel a ways. I have been looking for a cheap bolt source. a bolt action bolt could likely be modifed to fit in a custom carrier some how. Ive been tempted to just buy a wasr 22 and reverse engineer it and sell it when done. I want my conversion to use cheap mags possably rugger 10-22 or some other readly avaliable mag.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

CHAMBER ADAPTERS

Im going to get a 32 auto for my 30-06 as well as a one for my 223 bolt action. these guys do custom stuff as well. might be able to get them some thing special if you can work out the rest. they have rifled inserts as well for single shot guns. cool site.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The chamber adaptor on my M261 ar15/m16 22lr kit is smooth bore.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Moleman: OK, that answers that question, thanks.

I figured I'd better make sure I wasn't going to run afoul of the alphabet soup gang with a smoothbore chamber adapter.

1Biggun: From the pictures of the Ceiner conversions, it looks like you remove the BC and the bolt from the rifle, then slide in the whole conversion kit. The unit contains it's own straight blowback bolt on a couple of guide rods. As I understand, you use the original recoil spring to hold the conversion kit in place, but the unit itself has a couple of small springs on the bolt guide rods that reciprocate upon firing, and the original spring does not move. I have never handled a Ceiner kit, but I have spent some time looking at pictures of them online.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Anyone ever get a response from MCA? I sent an email over a week ago wanting to buy an adapter and never heard back. Might just need to call, but wonder how to explain the phone call to Alaska at work.
    "Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in."

"Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets."

Napoleon Bonaparte

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Default adapters

I use the mace adapters for my 308 and 303 in 32acp they are fun for plinking but not very accurate I also have a 45/70 and 45colt adapter from my martini in 455 they are fun and help tomake the rifle shootable but useless besides that

22 converter for the ak I have ciener kit I have never used it, as I have a east german MPi-69 kit I built up. she is a honey. I bought this kit about 5 years ago for $ 450, I saw one two years ago for sale they wanted over $ 900. the kit is a scaled down ak. that said the bolt is smaller the barrel block is completely different the mags look like ak mags but have insert for 22's

we have discussed this here before and if one extremely interested in really!! doing a project like this, they should first visit all the different builder sites and search the old threads first???????????????????????????????

research, research, research

sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

iVE SEEN THOSE KITS AND YOUR RIGHT THEY ARE PRICY NOW. WOULD BE NEAT TO HAVE. i DONT RECALL ANY ONE ACTUALLY COMPLETING A CONVERSION BUT i COULD BE WRONG.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I HAVE TRIED SEARCHING 22 LR CONVERSION ECT AND IT SAYS WORDS TO SMALL OR SOME THING LIKE THAT. ANY LINKS WOULD BE APPRECATED. HAS A HOME BUILT CONVERSION BEEN PULLED OFF HERE???

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

The search term you specified (22) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.
    If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.
    THIS IS PRETTY MUCH WHAT I GET WITH MOST SEARCHES. ANY ADVICE GUYS???

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.