Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Thread: .50 Beowulf?

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I bought .223 Romanian mags from apex for $30.00 each. I think they are just right.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

kVAR has bulgy mags in 223 reasonably priced or did the 10 rounders were under $10. , there are several kinds of steel 223 mags out there for the ak vaariants the chineese are narrower as I recall some were there is a thread i started on the the differances. all the 223 AK mags are priced at or below the AR mags designed for the beowulf. Not sure what you mean all the ones you found were to pricy??? a AR to AK addapter is really pricy hell the rounds them selves are really pricy. at what it costs to feed the thing mags even at $50 piece is the cheap part. there are also some US made mags however Id avoid the pro mags as they have plastic lips. For the 444????? project (I have the barrel in the lathe again) I found chineese steal mags pretty close. the beauty of the steal mags is you can bend and weld to the lips ect if nessacry.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Jo Co: WASR 10/SAR 3 in 7.62x39 holds 10RD

BTW the 223 ak mags I have have a slightly longer lenght this will allow for a longer AOL of a round I find that very important when reloading 223 ammo and it would possably be of benifit for the beowulf as well allowing possably differant bullet combos.

some were i have a source of al the differaant places that sold 223 mags. with the new political BS many are out currently. ill see wht I can dig up. I recall that there wasent to much differance between a 5.45 and 5.56 mag other than the follwer. perhaps others can comment on that.

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I would check with Century.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

there used to be a add in SGN that had em pretty cheap Not sure there there any more.

the addapter woud be nice the prices are rediculas. Im suprised that some chinesse company that makes all the cheap AK accesories hasent marketed a ceap version. UTG or one of the other ones. Ive wanted one to try in my varmit build with a drum mag to add weight to the gun and just make it so I dont have to get up and reload all the time.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    all the 223 AK mags are priced at or below the AR mags designed for the beowulf. Not sure what you mean all the ones you found were to pricy???
    Eh? Two months ago, only ones that weren't "out of stock" were in the $75 range, each, for steel magazines.

Considering I'd have to widen the feed lips for the 7.62 bolt, etc., I really don't want to mess around with plastic magazines. The 5.45 magazine I bought would require a bunch of tweaking to work.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Eh? Two months ago, only ones that weren't "out of stock" were in the $75 range, each, for steel magazines.
    thats crazy. it was at a show several weeks ago and there were mags in the $25 range and that was show prices. they were the steel narrrow type like Im using on my 444???? conversion

Id perfer steel as well unless a 50 beowulf just happend to fit perfict. Id stick one in a Bulgy mag just to see how it fit. The Bulgy mags have steel lips embeded in the plastic BTW.

why dont you just narrow the carrier or use a AMD carrier??? the bolt will clear AK mags as is. I have narrowed several carriers on 223 conversions,

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    I bought .223 Romanian mags from apex for $30.00 each. I think they are just right.
    The 5.45 magazine I have will only accept a Beowulf if you depress the follower and work the cartridge under the front edge of the feed lips. It really doesn't want to go in, and you have to help it come out by lifting the nose over the front of the mag.

Interestingly, the M-16 magazine I have accepts and feeds 5.45 ammunition flawlessly.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The order form, money order, and drawing for the chambering reamer is on the desk. It'll go off to Pacific tomorrow. I also ordered one of the 6x6x30 stainless park tanks turrican on falfiles sells for $120.

Heat treat furnace under construction. Heated cleaning tank under construction. RSB, GB, and FSB press tools under construction.

"Tools are good karma."

More small parts are in. Ka-chingg, ka-chingg...

Not moving fast, but steadily making progress...

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Parts so far:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

50 beowulf ak

what barrel do i need for a 50 beowulf
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.