Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: .50 Beowulf?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I NEED TO GET A FEW OF THOSE TRUNIONS MYSELF. i WANT TO TRY TO THREAD ONE ON THE INSIDE.

DAMM THATS A HEAVY BARREL.

IT SHOULD SHOOT GOOD AN THE WEIGHT WILL HELP RECOIL.

I HAVE A PAIR OF NDS 5 RECIVERS TRANSFERED IN AS PISTOL SITTING HERE FOR A HEAVY BARREL PROJECT ONE OF THESE DAYS TO TAKE A YUGO TRUNION AN FIXED STOCK OR AS A PISTOL IF I WANT.

YEA IF YOU GOT A MILL WITH A BORING BAR YOUR ALL SET. i WASNET SURE WHAT YOU HAD.

DO YOU HAVE THE REAMER OR DID YOU BUY A CHAMBERED BARREL????????

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

No reamer yet. I bought my barrel about three years ago from PacNor. Just a heavy center turned blank. I had no luck finding someone to sell me a reamer. I was thinking of trying to make a pull through type myself. Seems like that would be a nice way to come up to headspace.That kind of thing is why this is a long long project. and I only get back to it now and then.

I think my fixture may act as a heat sink somewhat. But may just turn out to be a waste of time other than improving my sorry ass lathe skills.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

I seldom talk to liberals.............................. But when I do, I order fries............

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I think my fixture may act as a heat sink somewhat
    GOOD POINT IT MIGHT. I DID MINE ON A BENCH AN IT WAS REALLY OUT OF ROUND.

IM LOOKING FOR A BLOCK RIGHT NOW THAT ABOUT .720 FOR A PROJECT AN THE RPK IS TO BIG. I COULD SLEAVE BUT WOULD RATHER NOT HAVE TO. WISH THERE WERE VEPR BLOCKS OUT THERE I KNOW THERE BIGGER THAN STANDARD AKM. IM USING A REMINGTON TAKE OFF AN DONT WANT TO TURN ANY MORE THAN NEEDED. i MIGHT JUST DO A NEW ONE FROM SCRATCH BUT ITS A LOT OF TIME FOR IT. I THINK KREBS HAD SOME LARGER OD BLOCKS BUT THERE PRICY.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I WONDER IF THERE IS A WAY TO RUN 50 BEWOULF BRASS INTO A 500 S&W AN GET A REBATED ROUND THAT YOU CAN BUY A REAMER FOR????????????

i CANT RECALL HOW TAPERED THE THE 50BW IS VS THE 500 S&W.

I WAS THINKING THE 50 BW CHAMBER COULD BE CUT WITH A BORING BAR AN THEN USE A .50 THOATER THATS ONLY $50 OR SO. I HAD CONSIDERED TRYIN THE 444???? CHAMBER THIS WAY. ( AFTER A FEW TEST RUNS ON SCRAP)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

HMMM THE ROUND HAS A REDUCTION IN ID OF .010" IN 1.65 INCHED OF ITS CASE LENGTH.

.50 Beowulf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SO BASICALY YOU NEED A HOLE THAT IS ROUND AN .010 SMALLER ON ONE END THATS 1.65" DEEP . SEEMS TO ME THIS COUD BE CUT WITH THE TOOL POST SET TO THE CORRECT ANGLE.

EVEN IF THE ANGLE WAS A LITTLE OFF IT WOULD NOT REALLY MATTER.

THAT BARREL WOULD NOT FIT THROUGH MY HEAD STOCK SO ID NEED A STEADY REST.

YOU NEED A GOOD EDGE TO HEAD SPACE ON AN THEN USE A 50 THROATER .

i DONT KNOW IF THERE IS A SRAIGHT ECTION WERE THE BULLET IS SEATED OR NOT ??? IF HAVE TO SEE A ROUND IN PERSON. IF THERE IS THAT CAN BE DONE WITH THE BORING BAR AS WELL.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

You sure won't get any answers or help from Alexander Arms. I'm planning to ream until the case sticks out the same distance as other AK's & I guess I'll have to headspace with shims. Even if I can make a reamer. I sure as hell can't make headspace guages.
    I too have no steady rest & don't know if a regular South Bend 9" one will fit my oddball South Bend 405 9".
    I'd have to spend a couple hundred bucks to find out.
    I'll ream by hand. Then I'd have to face muzzle as close to live center as I dare & wing it on the crown.

I seldom talk to liberals.............................. But when I do, I order fries............

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Pacific will cut you a "12.7 Schuler Short" reamer. It's for a German 11.2x72 Schuler double rifle. Lop it off and, bazonga! you have a .50 Beowulf.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Hot dog! I'll have to see if that's in my cartridges of the world book.

Thanks!!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I have a 9 inch South Bend as well that I need a steady rest for. If I had a steady rest I would send it to you to see if it fits laugh out loud. I could give. You some really good measurements of my lathe bad and you could compare to yours to see if yours is standard. who knows if mine is standard it's 1 of the really early ones with the smaller headstock with an odd ball thread.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I'm working on getting a bigger lathe up and running I'm limited to what I can do with barrels as well. I have no way to do a full size 29 inch bench rest Barrel.

Search tags for this page

50 beowulf ak

what barrel do i need for a 50 beowulf
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.