Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27

Thread: .50 Beowulf?

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

LOL. I definitely understand that. Well good luck with it.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Fall 2014 update:

A while back Green Mountain had their 20" .500" blanks on sale, plus free shipping. I snagged one to use instead of the 15" barrel I bought back, uh, the other day. That one would have needed a brake to meet minimum length.

I picked up an RPK flat from AK-Builder; it's identical to the Yugo flat, except it has the AK-74 style magwell. I picked up some AK-74 mags. I also got some .jacketed .50 caliber bullets to load some dummy rounds with, to decide which way I want to go for magazines.
    Tujungatoes mentioned some feed problems with the .223 AK mags in his thread over on calguns; I need to ping him and see if he got that sorted out.

My loading press and dies are over at a friend's house; I need to get over there to load the dummies. I'm going to bring my calipers along to measure the barrel of his Saiga-12. I have two Beowulf builds backed up, plus he's piggybacking two more, so we're going to need several gas blocks. We might use the Saiga gas block diameter if it's compatible with the .50 profile.

I found the Alexander Arms .50 Beowulf AR barrel profile; I'll stick close to that if possible.

In further news, I'm reorganizing things to I'll have as much as, oh, about two hours per week to devote to gun toys. Which is way more than the "none" I've been able to get for the last few years...
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've got to get busy too, TRX.

The first thing I'd done in years , was the Springfield sporter I did up last fall that I put pics up of. MAN I'VE BEEN A SLACKER !! And that was the first one I'd done in maybe 10 years before that ,,that's serious slacking,,,,

I've got a couple things on the back burner though. A PPs43 in 45ACP. BTW I have to check to see if Green Mountain has the 16" 45 blanks back in stock so I can do the up the PPs43 kit I have, that should be neat to try out! I'm hoping there's enough meat on the end of the barrel so I can just mill the barrel the same as a trunnion would be. Instead of having a separate trunnion ,,by the pics I saw of them ,,it looks like it might be close, I didn't notice the OD when I looked at them while in ,,,Dreaming Mode,,,

I want to add a long break to the PPs43 I have now in X25 , so I can unfold the stock and make it legal, then it will be ,,,,much more funner ! That's minor project #1 , and I've got to call a local smith and see if has time to tap it and pin/spot weld it on.

Maybe that will get me motivated to do something afterwards, still need equipment to work with though!! That's why it's so hard to do anything or even get motivated now.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

That forward magwell made good design sense, but it's sure a hassle with NFA regs...

I bought two of the PPS43 kits, some flats, and some extra mags a year or so ago and put them in the closet to do something with later. One will be basically standard except for being 9x19; I have the reamer, and 9x19 is supposed to feed OK through the mags. It really should have an SBR stamp, but my funds for that went to the Magal build, so it'll probably get a fake suppressor.

The second kit, I want to do something demented. I'm still waiting for inspiration. <grin> I saw one where the builder made a new nose section with all the cooling slots, except long enough to cover a 16" barrel.

BTW, check this Sten build out: http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum...422&PN=1&TPN=1
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.