Default receiver pictures

1biggun wanted some pictures:
    Attached Images Attached Images

TRX
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

>the problem with most of them is getting them to fit around
    > a .50 barrel.

All I need to know is how they work and get an idea of the adjustability range. I hate to spend $50-$100 just to find out. It might be more reasonable to just built something with replaceable restrictors.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

All I need to know is how they work and get an idea of the adjustability range. I hate to spend $50-$100 just to find out. It might be more reasonable to just built something with replaceable restrictors.
    if you have a mill and a lathe you can make any thing id look at the 500 S&W build closely it has a rotating drum in it with differant ports its pretty slick.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I dont see how there is any way that that reciver will be legal once demilled. that third pin hole even welded will have once been there. Im not sure that reciver is even legal now. while its been demilled and welded up the fact remains its still a full auto reciver that has possably been legaly demilled.

I dont see how welding a a dust cover on a and other stuff makes a illeagle reciver legal. I do know that if it was legal to own a original reciver with just the pin holes welded up then they would not need to demilled to be imported they would just weld up the holes and sell them. I question if it is legal even now. one thing is for certain that once demilled that it would be illegal with three holes and posssably likely illeagle with them welded up. pretty sure once full auto always full auto I hope Im wrong.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

biggun you're right as always. 3rd hole == FA no matter what to the ATF. There were some PSLs that were recalled as "contraband" due to the existence of the 3rd (welded up) hole.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

biggun you're right as always. 3rd hole == FA no matter what to the ATF. There were some PSLs that were recalled as "contraband" due to the existence of the 3rd (welded up) hole.

Yea I hated to be right especialy in this case. And there is a lot I dont know and I make mistakes all the time. in some countrys demills like that are legal but l dont think so here. its hard to tell but it looks like if the dust cover was removed and the barrel replaced the thing could be fired. damm shame

it would be cool if those dph recivers were avaliable with out the barrel pin hole drilled then they could be threaded and made into a threaded barrel reciver then a normal thread like used on a winchester model 70 coud be used. a yougo trunion could be threaded possable as well.

TRX might want to delete the pictures and destroy that thing. Im not sure what I would do if I had that wall hanger.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

No need to get your panties in a wad. If the extra holes are a problem, the question becomes "how do I deal with them to the satisfaction of the ATF." Best case, I weld them up. Worst case, I have to saw the offending area out and weld new pieces in. There's a sticky on how to do that at the top of this page.

Though it has been some years since I've dealt with the local ATF office, they've been polite and helpful every time. I'll call tomorrow and set up an appointment with them to discuss the matter.

There's no need to depend on net.lore when the ATF office is only half an hour away.

I'll post updates as things develop.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    if you have a mill and a lathe you can make any thing id look at the 500 S&W build closely it has a rotating drum in it with differant ports its pretty slick.
    When I search for ".500 S&W" the search function says "S&W" is too short to search on. I found http://www.gunco.net/forums/f244/con...500-s-w-37685/ by clicking through the subject lists but it doesn't have anything about gas blocks. Can you point me to the gas block discussion?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    No need to get your panties in a wad. If the extra holes are a problem, the question becomes "how do I deal with them to the satisfaction of the ATF." Best case, I weld them up.
    Case in point, that was exactly, precisely what I was explaining is NOT KOSHER.

Sorry if you felt my PANTIES are in a WAD, but I was trying to explain this for your and others' benefit.

So I'm sorry to try to be helpful with a "be careful" message.

The ATF "declared" a batch of PSL receivers to be "contraband" because their 3rd hole was there, even though the factory welded them up!!!

This was perhaps about 2-3 years ago? It was a big stink on the forums as everyone was pissed their brand-new purchases were going to be returned, and some people went so far as to remove their fine wood stocks as they were worried they'd get some crappy stock in the trade. I remember there was a lot of bitching on the AKFORUM about it. I didn't really pay close attention to it as I didn't have one and really didn't care. (shrugs)

I do know that the factory-decommisssioned weapons (as seen on rusmilitary among other places) can NOT be imported into the USA because they don't meet the ATF's high standards. Believe me, I've even asked Oleg about cutting one up and sending only part of it to me, and he simply refuses

I have no idea how this applies to decommissioned receivers, so it will be interesting to see how they approach this.

Like I said I'm not trying to bust people's balls on it, but the ATF gets quirky when we have to wade through shit like this.

Good luck.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

The ATF "declared" a batch of PSL receivers to be "contraband" because their 3rd hole was there, even though the factory welded them up!!!
    I recall that as well.

If the atf even allows you to keep it, something I doubt you would likely need to torch cut it completly in two sections.

No need to get your panties in a wad
    HMMMM well Im not concerned at all I dont own what the ATF likely will call a machinegun. Im not the one who thinks it will be bad idea to go to trere office with what is technicaly a full auto fire arm. ( remember the reciver is the fire arm it dont matter hom much crap has been welded to it) what might amount to a manditory 10 year prision sentance.

Im bumed out about this because I wanted to see you 50 beowulf get built. My thoughts and observations on you gun in the pictures are purely out of concurn that you might unknowingly be commiting a crime. I would hate to see you spend a bunch of money on a build only to find the ATF at your door to arrest you and take it away.
    In hind site I wish I had PM,d you instead of noting for the world to see that you have a Illegle weapon IMOO and possably drawing the attention of the ATF to you. since it is all out in the open now might as well discuss it here.

There's no need to depend on net.lore when the ATF office is only half an hour away.
    you are correct and taking legal advice from me or anyone on any site would be foolish. I wouldnt take advice from you or any one here as fact so why should you.
    it is pretty well documented that there were guns that have the third hole welded up were conscificated. also there was a batch of Saigas recently that had issues with a pluged or marked third hole being recalled. This is IMOO serious stuff I hope Im completly wrong.

IF I posted some pics for the entire world to see and sombody like HCpookie or guys like myself said hey man that thing is likely a Illegale full auto in the eyes of THE ATF and every LEO in the country I would get imedaite legal advice from a attorney who specalises in stuff like this and have him deal with the ATF. I hope there is a way for you to make it all work out.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.