Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: .50 Beowulf?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Biggun, do you have a live center?

if so LIGHTLY turn about 1.5" of the live center end.
    Then flip it and turn the other end on the live center.

Repeat above if needed. You wont get to perfect center but its pretty darn close after 2 flips on a longer barrel.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Yea its worth a try I have pleanty of meat to get it right.

I actually thought of tack welding in a rod and turning it then cutting of that inch or so. or maybe I could put a rod in and hold it with a allen screw taped in so there is no weldong involved. Ill try your idea Ive got nothing to loose.

thanks for the advice

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

If you have plenty then each successive pass gets you closer. be sure to alternate sides in the minimum stock removal to get a non interupted cut.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised how close it will be.

This 50 talk has made me want one to go withthe 45WM...

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

My tentative plan was to turn some half-inch aluminum rod (brass would probably be better, but I have aluminum on hand) to .497 or so, and center drill one of them. Drive them into the rifling a couple of inches, then center the plain one in the four-jaw and let the center-drilled one ride the live center. I'd have to use a drive dog, or tack-weld a tab to the drive end.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

My Yugo trunnion showed up today. I thought I was buying a used trunnion, but the package contained a brand-new virgin trunnion. Perfect for what I want.

Still no brass.

Anyone know where I can get a Yugo-style flat for a fixed stock? All I'm coming up with are underfolders.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

My Yugo trunnion showed up today. I thought I was buying a used trunnion, but the package contained a brand-new virgin trunnion. Perfect for what I want.

Still no brass.

Anyone know where I can get a Yugo-style flat for a fixed stock? All I'm coming up with are underfolders
    DOES IT HAVE A BARREL PIN HOLE DRILLED OR UNDRILLED?????
    iM LOOKING FOR A UNDRILLED ONE. THE THREADS ON A MODEL 70 WINCHESTER BARREL ARE CLOSE TO BEING CORRECT TO TAP A TRUNION TO. AROUND .990" OR 25.17MM

THERE ARE NO FIXED SOCK M70 FLATS THAT i KNOW OF YET BUT SOME ONE IS WORKING ON THEM SUSPOSEDLY. THERE ARE BENT BLANKS. ID JUST GET A NDS-5 I HAVE SEVERAL SITTING HERE FOR UP COMING PROJECTS AND THERE REALLY NICE.. THE YUGO REQUIRES A SPECIAL JIG TO BEND AS WELL DUE TO THE WIDTH DIFFERANCES.
    FOR ONE GUN ID JUST BUY THE RECIVER IMOO.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Undrilled! And only four of the six rivet holes are drilled. It's also honed on the barrel ring instead of just bored like my Romanian trunnion.

As for a flat... I have a nice bending fixture already, so a flat requires a couple of minutes of work to bend into a receiver. A NoDak receiver might be worth the $83 they want for it, but not with the $75 fee any FFL in the local area wants on top of that. Nice little scam, there.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

but not with the $75 fee any FFL in the local area wants on top of that. Nice little scam, there.

WTF were do you live????? there is a find a FFL list on gunbroker Id check it out. I pay $20 and that will cover multipul guns or recivers if done at the same time. $75 is absolutly robbery it takes them 5 minutes to call it in.

good score on the trunion are there any more avaliable??? PM me if there is
    the machine work on the the Yugo is way better than any Rommy.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

crap $75 bux for a ffl transfer yea i would be getting on the gunbroker ffl lookup and finding a new ffl even if you had to drive 100 miles round trip you would still be ahead i pay 15 for transfers and since i have a permit to acquire(its an Iowa thing) there's no need for the FFl to call in.

on another note this is a neat build i cant wait to see it finished ive been following this thread since it started

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

> WTF were do you live?????

Central Arkansas.

> there is a find a FFL list on gunbroker Id check it out. I pay
    > $20 and that will cover multipul guns or recivers if done at
    > the same time. $75 is absolutly robbery it takes them 5
    > minutes to call it in.

Exactly, which is why I fired them all years ago. Back in the day, their fees were more than the guns I would have liked to have purchased from Shotgun News. A $49.95 '98 Mauser, sure. And $75 to boot, screw it.

I'll check the gunbroker thing.

> good score on the trunion are there any more avaliable?

I PMed the guy right after the first one showed up, but I haven't got a reply yet.

> the machine work on the the Yugo is way better than any
    > Rommy.

Looks like a Yugo is about as different as it gets and is still "AK." I'm impressed with the bits I've seen so far, though.

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

50 beowulf ak

what barrel do i need for a 50 beowulf
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.