Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.5x55

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

That's actually a WASR stock that dad's going to rework to fit his hands. It feels fine for me, a little long as-is but shootable. Now that more PSL furniture is available we may just throw this in the "projects" pile and buy an actual PSL stock.

The challenge with this WASR is that the notch cut for the receiver is really far back, so he's going to have to shim a layer of wood into that to make it look like the laminate and then he'll be OK. That sort of thing is right up his alley

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I have a few of those stocks and they simply are wrong for a human. the grip needs to be moved forward and then the whole grip needs to be narrower but then you are into the cut for were the stock slides in the reciver.

I took one and gut away the pistol grip and lower wood going to the butt and then installed a regular plastic grip and it works great but looks funky.

I take it the actual PSL stock feels correct???

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I know - they are built for a wookie!

The PSL does not have a saw cut for the receiver at the bottom, and they are more rounded and cut smaller. Look at that PSL pic back on the 1st or 2nd page, and you'll see the diff.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

The PSL does not have a saw cut for the receiver at the bottom, and they are more rounded and cut smaller. Look at that PSL pic back on the 1st or 2nd page, and you'll see the diff.
    Ill check it out. I know my advanced technoligys synstetic clone fits good. I may do a simular stock for my Kids build but posssaly in nicer wood and with a adjustable cheek weld. Im trying to give it a more civilian flavor as it will be a hunting rifle.

I have some 260 brass coming soon so hopefully there will be another 6.5MM on here soon.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Well I got the bolt hold-open working, had to cut back the BHO tab so they'd work with the scratch-built PSL style BHO center support. Also got the rest of the magazines to feed. Tested with FMJ 140 grain privi partizan and she just won't quit! Scope rail is boresighted so it shouldn't take much to sight it in. The 6.5x55 is a real pleasure to shoot, it doesn't have much recoil at all!

I must say the mags are really nice. A real good fit for the 140 grain FMJs with a little more room to spare. Would be a good mag for any similar-sized round. I made up some US floorplates too

Other than some final polishing etc. she's ready to be sighted in. The bipod spring is a little weak but it will work until we find a better one. The original Galil bipod spring was worn out and it flopped around.

That's my PSL scope, I'm not giving it to dad - just wanted it for the pic

TRX
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Lookin' good!

Are you going to Parkerize it, or what?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I'm not doing the finishing on dad's rifle - HE IS!

I'm going to tell him he should lay down a phosphate undercoat and then paint over it. I've had good luck with that finishing technique with the Rustoleum appliance epoxy but it may be too glossy for his liking. Not a fan of the duplicolor black because it chips so easily. Duracoat is my favorite but I don't know if he's going to want to do it.

He's also going to refinish all the wood and alter the pistol grip profile to his liking. That's a WASR stock so he will probably fill in the saw gap at the bottom of the reciever with wood putty or something. Knowing him, he'll refinish everything in a walnut stain of some sort to match his other rifles

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

very cool rifle its nice seeing those 7.5 mg mags on a rifle they look good, I modified one of mine kind of like the way you did and it seems like it will work great for my application too (8x57). it looks awesome with your psl scope on it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

very cool rifle its nice seeing those 7.5 mg mags on a rifle they look good, I modified one of mine kind of like the way you did and it seems like it will work great for my application too (8x57). it looks awesome with your psl scope on it.
    got any pictures of your build????? details?????

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

i talked a little about my build in my m70/76 thread but i have been side tracked with work i actually decided to clean the bore of my m70 front and to my surprise it doesn't look like a sewer pipe the rifling is actually almost decent would probably be accurate for hitting a man sized target haha, so i am pretty tempted to buy a romy rpk set without a barrel i'll decide by the time i actually have time to build. looking at my stripped appart m70 gas block it seems it wouldn't be too hard to build one from scratch only a little wider and taller (to accomodate a larger barrel) but as far as the 7.5 french mags i just love them i believe when i measured the clearance inside they are right about 3.05 inches so a mauser is tight but totally workable(at least my beloved wolf gold) the romy rpk would be a snap to use as the barrel components are very close, maybe i should use my m70 as is shoot out the barrel the rest of the way then use it for my someday 8mm kurtz, but now instead of kurtz i have briefly thought about the idea of 22-250 ak hehe sounds fun if it would be safe

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.