Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have info on a 2XTM???

Feedback Score

one thing I did eye on it, the extractor is in the left side and the ejector looks to be TDC using a "push pin" am I corect? muttman

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Lichtenberg made another run of magwells a few months ago. I got one of the Suomi ones for my new MAC-11 upper.

I have a mill, but I bought the pre-made part for the same reason 1biggun brought up - I already have as many projects as I could handle. I wanted the completed upper more than I wanted a magwell project.

The web site says something like, "welded, hammered, ground, blacksmithed." I don't know about the first run, but this one was nicely made, and I would have spent way more than $50 in time doing it on my own.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Okay, my AK-Builder 2XTM flat showed up today. Looks like it's set up for a standard-length AKM top cover and bits.

The original build threads on gunsnet are 404, and bit rot has taken most of the pictures out of the threads on akfiles.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Of course, my fancy bending fixture uses threaded rods instead of a press, and the magazine cutout on the 2xtm is in a different place, so I need to drill and tap more holes... [sigh]

The AK-Builder flat requires you to cut off the locking lug area of your trunnion. I have a nice piece of 1018 CRS to make a special 2xtm trunnion. I can't see buggering a perfectly good AK trunnion...

Rodger's build threads on gunsnet went away with gunsnet, though I'd managed to save the text of several of the threads beforehand. cntrailrider's threads on AK-files have succumbed to link rot and many of the pictures are gone.

However, most of the decisions - bolt forward/bolt back, standard or shortened receiver, etc. - are already taken care of since I started with the AK-Builder 2XTM flat.

The plan is to build the front trunnion and bolt carrier, get the receiver sorted out, and use the nice Romanian G wood I have on hand, to make a sort of 4/5 scale Tommy gun.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Parts collection... AK-Builder 2XTM flat, Lichtenberg magwell, spare Romanian trunnion showing the relationship of the parts. I'll be whittling the working trunnion from the block of steel, since it doesn't need locking lugs.

I have to modify my bending jig for the 2XTM flat, since two of the four tension rods miss the magwell opening.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Do those need extra rail reinforcement or does the magwell serve that purpose as well?
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Yep need details, let us know when you get it.

Sorry I never got back to this thread. I did finally recieve the bolt and it is super well made. I have had other projects get in its way but I have been feeling the need to get moving on it again. Hopefully in the next few months I will have pictures and a range report to share.
    pat

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The magwell is thick around the top and serves as a reinforcement. The flat comes with standard-length rails that you cut to whatever length you want, since some 2XTM builders shorten the receiver.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks Pat, and no need to be sorry, we all get busy and side tracked.
    I just wanted to hear some feedback from someone that actually has one, I'd like to get one instead of modding a stock bolt.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

I think it will be much better than modding a stock bolt. For one thing I think it is heavier than you could make a stock bolt and that is good for this round.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Search tags for this page

2xtm build

erie ordnance depot bolt
mmw logo
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.