Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone have info on a 2XTM???

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Default Anyone have info on a 2XTM???

I was surfing around the other day and ran across a pic of an AK 9mm pistol called a 2XTM.....anyone built one of these and have info on it?
    thanks

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

It is a very complicated build.
    What is a 2XTM?
    The first conversion that we know of an AK47 to 9mm that takes Suomi drums was made by a gun builder in Vermont. On various forums he is known as Doubletapme. This is where the model name 2XTM comes from. He may not have been the first to do this but he is the one that inspired us to build one and start manufacturing Mag Wells.
    In summary, the basic 2XTM conversion involves changing the AK action from a locked bolt gas operated to an unlocked blow back action. Changing the barrel to 9mm and installing a mag well to hold the Suomi drum. This is a conversion that can be done by experienced gun builders with a creative spirit and solid knowledge base. Here is a video;
    Lichtenburg 2XTM Pistol Video
    Freedom is not free. Some will perish to preserve it for the many. Just as our Forefathers did before us, we must take up the battle and not waver. Victory is our only option.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Smile

Here is a build tutorial by cntrailrider.
    The AK Files Forums - 7.62x25 Drum-fed about to begin
    Freedom is not free. Some will perish to preserve it for the many. Just as our Forefathers did before us, we must take up the battle and not waver. Victory is our only option.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I wish I had bought a mag well when they were avaliable. There not being made any more correct?????

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

You have a milling machine?
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

The last time I checked at the Lichtenberg web site, they were taking expressions of interest for another run of the mag wells. Link is below

'+windowtitle+'
    Last edited by SW44; 05-14-2009 at 07:28 AM. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have a milling machine?

yea the were priced right and some one else had done the work for once. I have so many projects on the back burner right now that it would be nice just to screw one together.. the cost of kits has really puit a dampner in doing 9mm blow backs. I would really ask my self if doing a home build that will cost at least $500 is orth it when there are a ton of UZI and MAK 10 clones on the market. I personaly dont have a need one any way. for me there is no use for it other than blasting at stuff and the play factor. Most of my stuff has a hunting use. 9mm is cheaper for plinking but if thats all im going to do with one then Ill build a 22LR or mabe a 17 hmr. Ill build a 9 mm or 7.62x25 eventualy but theres a bunch of stufff ahead of it. If I do a blow back AK it will likely be from scratch with no kit. home made carrier/bolt and trunions with a AK stamped reciver and triger guard and dust cover and take off wood.

Feedback Score

To much for me

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Thanks for all the info on this.......I am going to start gathering parts

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yea the were priced right and some one else had done the work for once. I have so many projects on the back burner right now that it would be nice just to screw one together.. the cost of kits has really puit a dampner in doing 9mm blow backs. I would really ask my self if doing a home build that will cost at least $500 is orth it when there are a ton of UZI and MAK 10 clones on the market. I personaly dont have a need one any way. for me there is no use for it other than blasting at stuff and the play factor. Most of my stuff has a hunting use. 9mm is cheaper for plinking but if thats all im going to do with one then Ill build a 22LR or mabe a 17 hmr. Ill build a 9 mm or 7.62x25 eventualy but theres a bunch of stufff ahead of it. If I do a blow back AK it will likely be from scratch with no kit. home made carrier/bolt and trunions with a AK stamped reciver and triger guard and dust cover and take off wood.
    good point, getting the carrier and bolt now is a lot more of a sticking spot for the build now. i made my own front trunnion for mine, if i was to do another, i really dont think it would be hard at all to do my own bolt, its all one piece welded together, so making the cams in it to lock and unlock like a std ak arent a concern, and thats the hard part.

fwiw, if i were to do another similar build, it would likely be a complete redesign and use no ak parts, save for maybe the fcg.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

2xtm build

mmw logo

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.