Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: scratch build 7.62x25 on ak reciver blow back

Feedback Score

Hello 1biggun,
    It isn't mandatory to reduce or remachine the AK (or SKS) bolt face for the smaller cartridge. They will feed wth the larger diameter bolt face however... the extractor must be modified to grab the smaller round and also push the rim accross the bolt face upon extraction so the stock ejector can hit it. It works !!

The modified extactor has an altered (deeper) slot in the bolt to allow a bit more movement. I have seen this in conversions from 7.62x39mm to .223 cal ammo. This clone extractor and bolt thing saves shopping for a .223 bolt (and carrier etc...).

The trick extractor was made by grinding and reshaping the the original, no heating or forging was needed. The bolt was modified using the ever-popular Dremel tool !!!

VD

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

so he just enlarged the hole on one side to allow the ejector to move over more. interesting I noticed that the slot would need to be deeper on the bolt as well to allow the longer ejector t hit it. hwever if the rund was actualy moved ofer upon extraction it ma not be nessacry.

with Kvar being out of 223 bolts last time I checked and me being down to only two left I may have to try this on a 223 build. on a blow back it might owrk really well since the round is being forced back when fired. interesting Ill have to look at this some more.

my goal on this thread is a scratch build but Im exploring all options for future x25 builds.

Feedback Score

Arrighty, I got my one done, I made the bolt on the mill, used a luger barrel that someone put a ring in it with a barrel vise, and sten mags. It works pretty well, I gotta cut an ejection channel into the bolt so it ejects back, rather than bouncing forward off the bolt... Also gotta do some ejector work. Next I'm gonna do a bullpup rifle build like this in .45 with grease gun mags.

Feedback Score

I need to know what is the deal with the grease gun mags? I've got parts on the way for a FAL in .45 and all that I have found is the grease gun mags are not that relilable ( have feeding problem) but the tommy mags work good if a thomson feed ramp is used.

viper dude,
    if the saw and arber are chepper then I can see me getting one, but for right now I have a 1/8" wooddrif cutter and plan on using it on my 9mm galil clone when I get a chance to get back on it.

muttman

Feedback Score

Hello Guys,
    For a simple mag well for the commie PPS-43 2-position feed mag try a piece of 1 x 2 inch x .120 inch wall rectangular steel tube. A spacer at the inside back will make for a nice fit. Yes, that's very thick stuff !!!

The trick .30 AK bolt face used the stock .30 cal ejector and groove.. No need to increase the ejector or its' groove depth to handle the smaller .223 cal case. The work was all done by the clone EXTRACTOR and its' deeper reach into the bolt face.

If you have fired a semi-auto rifle in the dark you will notice sparks at the breach - residual gas pressure is present (just not a huge amount with a locked bolt system except HK stuff).

Way to go 486 !!! I also like the concept of a .45 cal bullpup carbine (especially with a can on and optics).

Muttman, my experience revealled that the M-3 Greaser mags feed better than the Thompson mags. The barrel breach should resemble an M-3 or Sten feed cone.

Slitting saw arbors can be made as needed on a lathe. That's how I do mine. I make them to fit what ever little saw cutters I can find (surplus but sharp).

VD

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by muttman View Post
    I need to know what is the deal with the grease gun mags? I've got parts on the way for a FAL in .45 and all that I have found is the grease gun mags are not that relilable ( have feeding problem) but the tommy mags work good if a thomson feed ramp is used.
    The only bullet mold I have for .45 [well, the only one I can get much volume from] is a .45 SWC, and I figure I can make it feed straight into the chamber and it'll save tons of troubles.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I have a mag in the truck for the next time I buy steel. I had planed to try it in a few differant things. thanks for the heads up on 1x2x120 as a magwell alternitive. I have acess to a sheet metal shop and am going to have one of there high ups loog ad doing some on a break as well that may not need a spacer. I got a lot on my plate right now so the mag well is my last concern although in truth you need ti befroe any thing else to design the reciver cut out and the way the new trunion is made and if a facotry trigger guard/mag latch will be required.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Arrighty, I got my one done, I made the bolt on the mill, used a luger barrel that someone put a ring in it with a barrel vise, and sten mags. It works pretty well, I gotta cut an ejection channel into the bolt so it ejects back, rather than bouncing forward off the bolt... Also gotta do some ejector work. Next I'm gonna do a bullpup rifle build like this in .45 with grease gun mags.
    PICS?????

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    PICS?????
    Sorry, no pics. pics=proof it exists, though I guess lack of proof for something never stopped the .gov. I guess I'll have to find a digital camera next time I'm by the gun safe, maybe thursday or something...

I could draw it though...

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

"Sorry, no pics. pics=proof it exists, though I guess lack of proof for something never stopped the .gov. I guess I'll have to find a digital camera next time I'm by the gun safe, maybe thursday or something...

I could draw it though..."

If the unibomber ever gets out of prison he can own a bolt. Surely you can post a picture of your bolt.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.