Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: scratch build 7.62x25 on ak reciver blow back

Feedback Score

"what is the OD of a CZ 52 barrel BTW????"
    I have one, by eye ball it is at the muzzel end it is right at .5" the breach is closer to 5/8" on the bottom flat the hight of the radious is ?? muttman

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Viper Dude View Post
    If you fellows expect to use the PPS-43 dual position feed mags it would be well worth copying the PPS-43 breach and feed ramp specs. The barrel trunion bushing has a generous ramp to guide the .30 FMJ bottle-neck ammo. Also duplicate the PPS-43 mag positioning. A very complete parts kit with trunion/bushing, etc can provide these specs. A receiver flat or paper pattern of one can help position the mag along with the lower frame.

VD
    I working on a pps43 trunion and the spec is 1.1xx" tube with a chamfer depth of .25" and a chamfer of 1.062". I guess I need to find my dig. camra and take some photos of a tec9 reciver I have and the feed ramp. I guess what Im looking for is should the tip of the bullet (9mm) be just above the ramp or even with. muttman

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

For those of you using the sten mags, here's the inside view of a sten MKII (at least from the magwell forward) which shows mag to barrel and round to feed ramp/cone relationship.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

thanks moleman, that filles in the blanks. a budy is letting me (grope) study his tec9 befour I put a finish on it. ** just a side note the suomi mags that I have will just start to fit in the mag well**.
    all,
    this is what I was refering to with the extractor easy to replace easy to make.
    next is the feed ramp a close to the pps43 trunnion print that is on the web.
    then we have the striker and firing pin
    hope this helps sombody ealse to build a home brew. muttman
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

pretty straight in. also note the sten mags center the round were a pps 43 mag feed from each side. breach to mag distances will be more critical on the pps mags. the good news is with the 7.62x25 is it,s a bottle neck design so the hole vs bullet clearances are much greater than a 9mm or other straight wall round.

the ejector on the TEC 9 is really simple looking I see. is it made from thin spring steel entirely ? is there a spring pushing it in? I need to get a close up lok at one of these. I want some thing easly made reliable and serviceable.

still waiting on the sarco barrels and VZ ejector. I hope they shiped quickly like they said. Anyone delt with them?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Sarco is ok. I suppose they are like any other large company. Just because they say they have it doesn't mean that once you get your stuff from them some things won't be marked as "out of stock". I ordered a mauser barrel from them along with some other parts this past winter. The operator said the barrel was in stock, but it wasn't. The only customer service issue I've had from them was a new m1 garand barrel that would swallow a field guage and have room left over. They took it back and sent me another one without any questions.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

it would be nice to have a tracking number shipping confermation anynything?? my pilots thaat I orderd two days ago got here already.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

They told me 7-10 business days and I think I had my stuff just shy of the two week mark. Ups only took a few days to deliver, so the other week and a half was on them. That could be why they didn't have a barrel left in stock for me.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post

the ejector on the TEC 9 is really simple looking I see. is it made from thin spring steel entirely ? is there a spring pushing it in? I need to get a close up lok at one of these. I want some thing easly made reliable and serviceable.
    the extractor is just a wire rod thea has a bend in it for the "spring" and a set screw holdes in in place. kind of like a 1911 extractor except the bend is for the spring and not how tight it holds the round for ejection.

muttman

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

well the 6 barrel blanks from sarco arrived today and there only aproximently 19" long not the 20' as advertised and the OD of the breach end is only .930 not the .956 as advertised.
    this is unfortunate, because due to the taper of the barrel I will not be able to get
    23mm OD for 1 1/2" required for a standard AK trunion.
    they will work for a custom blow back trunion however. I had hoped to do a couple .308 bore 7.62x39 barrels for AMD 65kits and they will not work because there not as advertised close but no . the bores are OK there are differances in them as the rifeling seems to be heavier in some and its obvious there off of differant types or years of rifles. I will call then tommorrow and see what they have to say. I likely will keep them but there not as described in the ad, if they were they would have worked for a gas operated AK. the bores are not shiney new but they should shoot good they appear unfired just dirty and likely slight surface oxidation. the muzzels and crowns are rough as expected and the rear is cut by what looks like a saw while rotating the barrel there not chop sawed or lathe turned and cut with a tool possably in lathe with a saw blade. there is grinding on the area were the front tight was all the way around the barrel this will require it to be turned to clean it up.

Ill call them and if I can get someone to better describe the product might possably try the drill barrels with the plug and the rear site base still in them for $25 or see if the have any blances as described. Im bummed there not as described that extra inch would make all the differance. they will work fine for my blow back pistol project how ever with some work.

I also got the VZ extractor its really small but it looks like it would work if the holes can be properly located. these would be simle enough to reproduce with some small end mills and files dremel ect. wish they were cheaper like $5 not $15.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.