Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: scratch build 7.62x25 on ak reciver blow back

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

well i got a blank in the lathe and im going to do one in a AMD 65 configuration and chamber it to 7.62x25 so far so good. not sure if its going to be 16" or 14 with a welded on stock AMD brake. Im not even sure Im going to use it in a build i may just sell it to pay for some of the reamer costs. Im thinking of just doing a blow back with a ak 74 carrier and bolt to just get a gun in this calibur that I can shoot untill I get my scratch build completly figured out.

Feedback Score

good luck with the cutting. I was making a trigger pin for my .45 fal and had a "dam I did do that" so dont do that. muttman

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Its proflied ok. It tough to cut it with out getting some taper due to the barrel flexing. I off set the tailstock to compensate for it. I get almost .002 in the middle of a 19" barrel. it all works out since AK barrels are done with steps. Im going to cut the chamber soon. Im working on a idea for my own floating reamer holder that would work better than my original set up.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    well the 6 barrel blanks from sarco arrived today and there only aproximently 19" long not the 20' as advertised and the OD of the breach end is only .930 not the .956 as advertised.this is unfortunate,
    I've got so that I won't read their add and be tempted. EVERY time I've ordered from Sarco I've felt screwed.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Its the first time Ive delt with them. Ill make pistol barrels out of them with custom trunions. I should have just got one not 6.

Im looking for a better cutting oil for reamers what are others using?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I have been thinking a pump action would be cool in 7.62x25 for my son to shoot cheap. Im hesitant to let him handel a SA.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

dude send those barrels back!

if they didnt give you what you wanted return it!
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Ill use them for blow backs on custom trunions. they will work fine for that and the price is right even for doing that. there just not the super deal they could have been.

Feedback Score

Hello 1biggun,
    The 7.62x25mm round is a candidate for a narrow frame bolt action. An M-88 Mauser action with a custom bolt head seems like a fun project. The classic Manlicher style carbine is a favorite of mine, butter knife handle and all. The M-88 small ring barrel shank thread is a .986 inch diameter by 12 TPI thread.

I know, it isn't an AK clone but could be a nice single shot project for your youngster.

VD

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Viper Dude View Post
    Hello 1biggun,
    The 7.62x25mm round is a candidate for a narrow frame bolt action. An M-88 Mauser action with a custom bolt head seems like a fun project. The classic Manlicher style carbine is a favorite of mine, butter knife handle and all. The M-88 small ring barrel shank thread is a .986 inch diameter by 12 TPI thread.

I know, it isn't an AK clone but could be a nice single shot project for your youngster.

VD
    now that is a good idea for my little one. muttman

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.