Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: scratch build 7.62x25 on ak reciver blow back

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I'm asking in advance and not holding you to any answers.
    But if you have any extra 16"+ barrels left I'd be interested in one for a PPSH41, I'll get some dimension, the main part that's the problem is a flange at the rear that's kind of large.
    do you need just a chamberd blank with a big enough OD or the entire barrel profiled ??
    PM with your needs and Ill se what I got. I have been buying a few take offs of gunbroker but the blanks are not like they used to be in the Ebay days. Im going to do a few barrels and then as long as the reamer can still be used or resharpened ill be doing barrels if some one wants them and I can make a little on it to off set the costs.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I should be able to find some thing if 23 mm is the biggest part. are there any pics of one around that I can see.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

If the barrel isn't 23mm in diameter you could always make a barrel bushing for it.

Feedback Score

Hello 1biggun,
    The 23mm lip on the chamber end of the PPSh-41 barrel measures .900 inch diameter in reality on my Hungarian kit. It is possible to make the last couple inches of the barrel as an add-on sleeve. I've done that for 16 inch Uzi carbine barrels turned for the PPSh-41 in 9x19mm Luger.

After spending 2 hours trying to scan a barrel drawing last night for y'all I gave up and went to bed. My (censored) HP printer-scanner-copier doesn't wish to work properly. Any ideas ?? Perhaps I could put the drawing in an envelope and mail it.

VD

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

so its a straight profile intill the breach were it has a flange???? the amount of case proitrusin would need to be known as well.

like this but 16" ????
    I.O.INC: PPSh-41 Barrel, 7.62x25mm

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

is this a ppsh 41 barrel it looks differant???
    MINT CONDITION PPSH 41 BARREL! CHROME LINED! : Curios and Relics at GunBroker.com

also what with the cut away area on the bottom???

Viper Dude if you have some good specs and some pictures that would be great. Im pretty sure I can make one. not sure about the feed ramp or the cuts on the bottom like the pic in GB showes. I need the distance a round protruded frmt the breach face the lange OD and the length of the flange as well. and then the Id of the barrel after the flange and the length of the step and then the barrel od to the end. Inother word a blue print of it. a clear picture would be a big help as well. a cut barrel stup woud be nice to work off of if any one has one.
    Last edited by 1biggun; 09-17-2009 at 07:56 PM.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    That looks like a 43 barrel PPS-43 barrel : Other at GunBroker.com

The trunnion fits into the cut out area. Russian PPS-43 Trunnion Kit DIY Home Build : Parts Kits at GunBroker.com

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks Viper

If the barrel isn't 23mm in diameter you could always make a barrel bushing for it.
    That's a good idea

like this but 16" ????
    I.O.INC: PPSh-41 Barrel, 7.62x25mm
    Yes, like that but 16"
    I could even send a barrel to use as a template, I missed the boat for the ones Weaponeer had.
    I got a semi PPSH41 but it has an extension welded on it and it looks like a 70 caliber.
    I didn't get to dig out the spare barrel yet but I will over the weekend to take some measurements.

This isn't something I'd be in a rush for, if it's something you could do just to play with or when your bored would be fine with me.
    We can work out all the details after you get your stuff taken care of, I'm not in a rush as I got to many other projects taking up most of my time right now.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Yes, like that but 16"
    I could even send a barrel to use as a template, I missed the boat for the ones Weaponeer had.
    I got a semi PPSH41 but it has an extension welded on it and it looks like a 70 caliber.
    I didn't get to dig out the spare barrel yet but I will over the weekend to take some measurements.

This isn't something I'd be in a rush for, if it's something you could do just to play with or when your bored would be fine with me.
    We can work out all the details after you get your stuff taken care of, I'm not in a rush as I got to many other projects taking up most of my time right now.
    well I made up a barrel today that is 16.250" long that is .650 for aprox 14" then steps up to .881 for a bit then ends with .910 for about .825 long. there is not enough 23mm stub for a ak trunion. but I think I can make your PPSh 41 barrel. Its deep chamberd for 7.62x25. I cut it today day to see If there was enough material to do it. its unfired US made. If you have a barrel to copy I can set chamber depth to match it. I sent you a email BTW. let me know if this will work if profiled more??? I can use it for a some thing else if not like a 22 mm sagia trunion or a custom pistol trunion/ or a barrel insert for a 45/70 or shot gun or a tent stake LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

better pick
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.