Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: scratch build 7.62x25 on ak reciver blow back

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I have been busy but i did get a chance to look over the PPS 43 kit I recived to day the extracter is sort of basic as well as the ebtire bolt. (to bad we cant just build open bolt guns) are the TEC extractors avaliable any were cheap?? I can make a extractor eally enough I d rater use a proven reliable part that isnit going to start breaking down the road because my home done tempering it to hard or to soft.. there are a bunch of ways to do one of these. the AK extractor would be simple as long as You can get the pin located percisly it just a hole and a cross pin. pretty simple. Id like to kep the number of set ups to a minimum and if I can cut the bolt face firing pin hole and the extraxtor hole all while in the mill then that would be great. Im thinking more and more about a one piece carrer/bolt assembly I got all the equipment to do it might as well do it right and original.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Good idea Muttman.
    But remeber if you go this route you need to cut a notch in the barrel for the extractor to go into.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

are the TEC extractors avaliable any were cheap??
    Numrich is out and they show $21, seems a little high to me.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

one should look to the sight sponsor's first.
    Cope's Distributing
    $21.99 not cheep but should work. when I get a chance I post some tec bolt photos. the cz52 extractors are chepper, $14 last time I looked but more work to fit. the tec extractor is more like a 1911 extractor and used no spring. muttman

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Hell I forgot he had some parts for them too.

Feedback Score

You could probably make something resembling a sten extractor pretty easily. Here, I'll draw a picture!

You just cut a slot in the bolt, and drill a hole for the cross pin, and adjust protrusion [of the extractor] by filing the slot where it is closest to the bolt face. You can use a bic clicky-pen spring, as it has enough length on the lever part of the extractor that the spring's force will be multiplied about twice.

EDIT: Oops, I forgot to radius the front corner of the "claw" part, don't forget to do that.

Also, you could harden the front end by just heating it up till it is red and dipping it in oil, I remember hearing something about carbon from the oil going into the steel and making the surface into higher carbon steel.

Feedback Score

[ I remember hearing something about carbon from the oil going into the steel and making the surface into higher carbon steel.[/quote]

this proces will let some "free carbon" in from the oil, but not the near what is needed to harden the steel.
    nice pic. all most looks like a cz52 extractor. the print from a sten extractor that I have looks close to what you got their. muttman

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

i HAVE A STEN, SUNOMI, PPS 43, M1 CARBINE, RUGGER 10-22, ECT. most of them can be made to work. the tec will likely work as well.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by muttman View Post

this proces will let some "free carbon" in from the oil, but not the near what is needed to harden the steel.
    Maybe heat it with a carburizing flame? How do they do it commercially? Kasenit? [That is the spelling of it on the can I've seen]

Feedback Score

Sten extractors can be made from 3/16 inch thick car leaf springs. I have made them even from old Fiat leaf springs. Scribe the outline on a piece of leaf spring and holding it in Vise-grips slice it out on an abrasive chop saw (carefully). A carbide end mill can true up the final shape and a small carbide drill bit can drill the cross pin hole. No heat treat was ever needed. They are already Rc 48 - 52 hardness.

The cross pin hole can even be drilled first and used as a reference for the extractor shape.

Afghan School of Home Gunsmithing !!!

VD

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.