Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: scratch build 7.62x25 on ak reciver blow back

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    Is Kasonite expensive??? seems like back in the day of high school metal shop we had a tub of some powderd carbon???? that we used. I cant remember what it was exactly but we did use it for doing some sort of case hardening.
    I think they stopped making it or something, as it has cyanide in it, it is like $10 a can, and it is about a half quart of the powder in there...

I just figure it'd use a lot, and it doesn't really need to be that hard, oil quenching it will probably bring it up in hardness enough to stop it from peening where it hits the rear trunnion...
    Last edited by [486]; 08-14-2009 at 07:45 PM.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Kasenit is still sold, midway has it, for instance: MidwayUSA - Kasenit Surface Hardening Compound 1 lb
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score

The AK Forum :: Log in
    In case you need a ready made soulution for your bolt, somone's done it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

The AK Forum :: Log in
    In case you need a ready made soulution for your bolt, somone's done it.
    yep that pretty much what I envisioned and have been working on. for a pistol i want to do a guide rod type set up that way you dont need a gas tube, gb or other stuff it wont need the tube welded on top as well however weight will need to be added. . I like his set up its simple. it allows for a conversion with a kit. Id like to do the build (at least the pistol from scratch using a AK reciver and FGC and misc cheap parts from a AK and make it around two inches shorter.

Thanks for posting the link I was going to when I got back from vacation. I wish he had a clearer view of the extractor how ever i dnt blame him for not showing all his cards.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I just confirmed that my removable pilot reamer is shipping tommorrow i will be able to hopefully do .308 and .310 bore barrels very soon. its coming from Pacific. Clymer was no help and said they wouldent even do it WTF?

this project will happen. I will be doing some barrels for sale as well once get my stuff reamed to offset my costs. Im invested into this calibure pretty heavy so I have to get it it done. I got 9 PPS 43 mags to play with and am looking at doing some mag wells to hold these.

now to find a blank/ barrel source. the one I was going to use no lnger has what I wanted to use. ill be loking for .308 bore unused or like new take offs and blanks that are cheap. Ill be doing a target version on a good blank as well.

Feedback Score

now to find a blank/ barrel source. the one I was going to use no lnger has what I wanted to use. ill be loking for .308 bore unused or like new take offs and blanks that are cheap. Ill be doing a target version on a good blank as well.
    I saw in SGN someone has barrels off of 1903s for around $20 the chamber ends are probably wrecked or something, but you should be able to get a good barrel or 2 from them.

Sorry, I don't know who it was.

Feedback Score

this project will happen. I will be doing some barrels for sale as well once get my stuff reamed to offset my costs. Im invested into this calibure pretty heavy so I have to get it it done. I got 9 PPS 43 mags to play with and am looking at doing some mag wells to hold these.

glade to hear it. let me know when you get up and running. muttman

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Numrich arms has a 20 1/2" 30 calibre barrel, tapers to 0.98 at the muzzle for $35. Item 593060.

I bought some similar barrels for lever action rifles for $20, but they seem to have sold out.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Numrich arms has a 20 1/2" 30 calibre barrel, tapers to 0.98 at the muzzle for $35. Item 593060.

I bought some similar barrels for lever action rifles for $20, but they seem to have sold out.
    the .30 are $40 and they are a unturned blank. I have one of those in 44 cal and the bore is very very off center from the OD. those blanks take a lot of work nad there over 1" thick. they would work of course once you get the OD true to the ID and turn a ton of material off them. removing that much metal will induce a lot of stress into the barrel and kill accuracy. I have been holding off on using the 44 blank because of the wrk involved.
    Numrich appears to be out of about 75% of what they list. I spent last night going through about 75 pages of there site. they used to have drill/parade springfield 03 barrels with the chamber demilled for $15 and I had planed to use those but they of course sold out. there is a couple of short barrels a nd a win auto barrel that has a gas block that are cheap but im not sure I can get 16" out of one and they have cuts for sites. I got a couple of take offs on gun broker coming but there used so Im not sure what Im getting. .30 barrles have really dried up recently likely to the barrel ban and guys building 7.62x39 and x25 barrels. back when ebay allowed there sale I gould get Rem 700 barrels all day long for $25 and stainless for around $50. should have could have i guess.

Ill look through SGN news again and see if there are any 03 barrels on a differant add. I didnt see them last week when I read it however.

Feedback Score

I couldn't find the thing I was looking at, maybe sarco had them...

http://www.sarcoinc.com/8-10-09_pgsO-P.pdf
    SPF275 on this page, on the far left, 2nd to the bottom

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.