Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: scratch build 7.62x25 on ak reciver blow back

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Default scratch build 7.62x25 on ak reciver blow back

Ive decided on a 7.62x25 build and I am going to make a shorty pistol initaly. although I want at least a 4 or 5 inch barrel som it will jave soem accuracy.

I have out lined my wants and needs. I am possably considering making some of the parts for sale down the road. That a big maybe I want it to be buildable with no kit. and minumal special tooling It will use a scratch bult trunion and possably carrier/bolt assembly. Im looking bolt avalibilty. Is a 5.45 bolt face correct for a 7.62x25?? Im sure its been coverd here before.

I want it light so that it can be easly one handed. and practical imnot ruling out a aluminum trunions ect.

I want it to be easly to build and cheap. Id like to build it for under $200 (not counting reamers and tooling that are needed initaly. (is there a barrel souce for these already reamed that is cheap?? since Im building the trunion the Diamiter is not a concern. would need enough meat to be pined in though so around 18.5mm or bigger 19 would be better.) I would rather avoid a screw in barrel but its a option.

I want it to take inexpensive mags that are easy to find and it needs to hold at least 15 rounds. Im looking for sources on pps-43 and I also understand that a M1 carbine mag would work and allow longer bullets to be hand loaded. a 5 round mg will be reqired as well

I want to shorthen the front of a standard AK reciver (this will be a issue on a NDS as the serial numbers are on the front) so the extra mag well is eleminated.

I want it to be blow back and possably tuneable for differant loads.

I want it to be buildable with out buying a $300 kit although I will likely use a barreless $175 AMD 65 kit initaly to get started.

I would like to be able to use the $10 CFS or any spare AK FCG, std pins, hammer spring, std pistol grip, cheap dust cover, and depending on the mag latch a simple trigger guard made from steel or aluminum strap. it could be fancy however. a simple spring for the recoil assembly but wont rule out a normal rear pistol trunion and standard AK assembly.

I want a simple easy to build bolt and custom carrier that caan be made with my tools a mill and a lathe. I will consider a premade AK 74 bolt if there cheap enough (wo sells these besides KVar??.

I want it to be fairly easy strip down ut it dont have to be as easy as a AK I could live with removing a allen screw or polt or pin if it made it cheaper or simpler to make.

I want to be able to put a red dot style optic on it as well as possably a laser. Im thinking a small rail built into the trunion or at least some meat on the trunion to add a bolt on rail . it can/will have iron sights as well.

I want all of it to be able to work in a rifle design as well so that down the road I dont have to redesign it all.

I relize I can just buy a pistol that does all this but I want to build it myself

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

if a guy wanted to keep the reciver standard length a $4 10n round mag body (not sure there avaliable still that cheap) cut down and welded to a M1 or simular mag would be really easy to do. this set up gould be done for $18 I also sliped in a single stack 9mm
    m39 S&W mag and that would be really easy Im sure there are other mags that will fit into a AK shell.

BTW I was wrong a M1 is not single stack opps its been 5 yers since i even held my M1
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

US made M1 mags are 3 compliance parts BTW on a rifle build. Im sure there lots more money.

speaking of compliance on a blow back rifle build if the the gas piston is removed ( not sure its still a gas pistion if there is no gas pehaps its just a guide rod now) that eleminates one part. the barrel if ou make it from a blank eleminates one part. the home made reciver eleminates one part. a home built bolt eleminates one part. the home made trunion eleminates one part. add a us trigger group and muzzeldevice and US stock this could be built with no imported 922 parts

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

You might want to look at the orions_hammer build over on Weaponeer:

Weaponeer Forums

His build is crude because he was making a point about DIY with minimal tools, but he has an interesting approach.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

You might want to look at the orions_hammer build over on Weaponeer:

Weaponeer Forums

His build is crude because he was making a point about DIY with minimal tools, but he has an interesting approach.

WOW thats what im talking about but like you said crude. he did do some interesting calculations on bolt weight that Im looking at. the trunion im thinking will be simular but will haave more than a single machine screw holding the barrel in. Im suprised it cycles and feeds so well. I am thinking same Idea but much much more refined. Id like to see what that guy could do with a mill and a lathe and good suppluy of better metals. I have a feeling he might already have all that any way. It seems the point of his build as mentioned is to do it a simple and basic with a minimum of tools as possable. I also think it needs to have a extractor and im still not sure how the ejection angle is controled. Pretty cool though thanks a ton for the link

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Here's another thread of a crude build.
    Weaponeer Forums
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    It seems the point of his build as mentioned is to do it a simple and basic with a minimum of tools as possable. I also think it needs to have a extractor and im still not sure how the ejection angle is controled. Pretty cool though thanks a ton for the link
    It has no extractor, it is straight recoil, so it doesn't really need one, it has no topcover, so the angle doesn't matter so much, as any direction pretty much is out.

Here's a link to the "condensed" version I posted in your other thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by [486] View Post
    24HR-AK47

EDIT: On page 102/103 he almost makes it into an open bolt submachinegun without knowing.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

It has no extractor, it is straight recoil, so it doesn't really need one, it has no topcover, so the angle doesn't matter so much, as any direction pretty much is out.

yea well I plan on being able to unload mine with a live round in it and it needs to go to the right as there likely will be an ejection port. His rear trunion set up scares me with no spring to slow the bolt it will fail eventualy IMOO and if it does its going to hurt. I relize this gun was done by a very talented guy in a rush to prove how easy it is ect. I dont want to knock his build as it acomplished what he set out to do. I bet he dont shoot it much.

Weaponeer Forums
    few intersting ideas but way to crude for anything I have in mind.

I do have question as to how you keep a blow back from firing if there is say a jam or a round not completly seated?? a normal AK has the little tang on the back of the bolt that prevents the hammer from hitting the bin untill the carrier is all the way forward. Do blow bact just do away with that and hope that a case neck or something dont get caught in the chamber??? seems like a oversize neck or a little dirt in a chamber could wreak your day.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Weaponeer Forums
    after looking over "crude build" Im not sure his buttstock will work over time. other than that it looks good to me. I did like the idea of using an AR bolt. as far as no extractor goes my berata tomcat does not have one and it is a p.i.t.a. to get one out of the barrel. muttman

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

after looking over "crude build" Im not sure his buttstock will work over time. other than that it looks good to me. I did like the idea of using an AR bolt. as far as no extractor goes my berata tomcat does not have one and it is a p.i.t.a. to get one out of the barrel. muttman

If AR bolts were cheap it would be ok but there not cheap and you still got to modify it.

what ever I build it will have a replaceable extractor made from some thing durable or a off the shelf item perferably.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.