Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 45-70 x25 tokerov :)

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

+1 on the hot soapy water. The water removes the potassium chloride from the spent primer (salt, the corrosive part), the soap cleans some of the spent powder residue, and the hot makes it dry faster.

The Windex thing came up when guys wanted something for use at the range, for a quick clean and oil before packing up for home. Ammonia doesn't "neutralize" anything, the potassium salt left by shooting ammo primed with corrosive primers is the product of the neutralization of an acid and a base, it can't be neutralized, only dissolved. Ammonia DOES act like a soap, makes water wetter to dissolve and clean better. You could use soapy water as well. Just make sure the bore is dry and oiled after.

Hoppe's works not so much in neutralizing but in cleaning. Clean the corrosive crap out of the bore, it doesn't matter how, dry the bore if wet, and oil. Done deal.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Forgot, nice adapter! Wish I had one for my Mosins. Would make it a good small game gun!
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Im not sure I could could copy the exterior of a 7.62x 54R round It may be doable by just making it fit the rim and the throat of the chamber and leave the rest in between smaller than the chamber. this may be easier than I think. I dont have a mosin But all I really need is a round. HMMMMMMMM these dont need to be rifled so they can be made from round tubing of some sort. the chamber may need (likely) to support the addapter hmmmmm I need to think here . Id contact the addapter guy in alaskia and see if he can make one. he shows 30 mauser to 30-06 it would be a good round canidate for due to the rim so it could extract easly. Im looking at a reall bent up case now I wish i had a live round to measure. it dont need to head spaace on the neck so it may not be that bad. BUY ME A MOSIN BARRELD ACTION AND iLL MAKE YOU A ADAPTER LOL tHIS CANT BE THAT HARD ?????????? LET ME THINK ABOUT THIS A LITTLE. NEED SEAMLESS TUBING OR i COULD JUST BORE/DRILL A TUBE A FEW LIVE ROUNDS AND A BARREL OR BETTER A WHOLE GUN HEY NO PROBLEM. I SUSPOSE i COULD MAIL IT TO YOU FOR LIKE 50 CENTS AND SEE IF IT FITS AND THEN ADJUST IT. IF YOU HAVE LATHE i COULD CHAMBER A BLANK FOR YOU ALSO.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

You want some rounds? I can handle that.

You want a Mosin shipped to you in exchange for an 7.62x25 adapter. Hell, I can manage THAT! LMK.

No lathe, else I would have already built one!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I've emailed the adapter company in Alaska but they've not responded.

There would be a huge demand for 7.62x25 fired in any 30 caliber -- the ammo cost difference of a dime to a dollar.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

You want some rounds? I can handle that.

You want a Mosin shipped to you in exchange for an 7.62x25 adapter. Hell, I can manage THAT! LMK.

No lathe, else I would have already built one!
    IF YOU WANT TO SEND ME AROUND ill SEE WHAT i CAN DO i WISH i HAD A GUN TO FIT IT INTO. iVE SEEN THOSE BARRELLS WITH THE CUT RECIVERS CHEAP. iD LIKE A GUN BUT i JUST CSANT AFFORD ANY THING RIGHT NOW ITS GETTING BAD. WHAT i REALLY NEED IS A DUMMY ROUND WITH THE THE PRIMER REMOVED TO I CAN GET IT INTO THE LATHE AND USE THE PRIMER POCKET TO CENTER IT. THAT WAY i CAN SET UP THE TOOL POST AT THE SAME ANGLE AS THE CASE. DO YOU RELOAD FOR THIS?? A DUMMY ROUND COULD BE MAILED THROUGHT THE USPS CHEAPLY IN A SIMPLE ENVELOPE. HAVING THE PRIMER OUT WOULD HELP. PM ME AND iLL SEE WHAT i CAN DO. iD LOE TO GET ME A GUN SO i COUD TEST FIRE AND BE SURE THE THING WORKS.

i LOOKED AT RECHAMBERING SOME OF THE ADDDAPTERS THAT SPORTSMAN GUIDE SELLS FOR THE 308 AND THE 30-06 TO SHOOT 32 AUTO BUT I THINK THE EXTRACTION GROOVE WOULD BE PRETTY CLOSE TO THE NEWLY CUT CHAMBER. THE INSERSTS THAT THAT GUY IN ALASKA MAKES ARE LOCKTITED IN AND HAVE NO EXTRACTOR GROOVE. i CAN LIKELY MAKE ONE OF THE SPORTS MANGICE ADPTERS WORK IF i REMOVED THE RIM AMD LOCKTIGHTED IT NINTO MY 30-06 BARREL BUT THEN YOU GOT A ADDAPTER IN A EXPENSIVE GUN THAT REQUIRES A BROKEN CASE EXTRACTOR TO REMOVE AND AND AREA THAT CORROSIVE AMMO CRAP LIKLEY CANT BE REMOVED. NOT IN MY DEER RIFLES IS THIS GOING TO HAPPEN. THE MOSIN HAS A RIM SO THERE WOULD BE NO PROBLEM WITH CLEARANCES AND ALSOTHEN THE ADDAPTER WOULD COME OUT EVRY TOME IT WAS FIRED LIKE A NORMAL ROUND AND THE BARREL COULD BE CLEANED EASLY AND THE SWITH OVER TAKES SECONDS. IF A GUY AHD A HAND FULL OF ADDAPTERS THEN HE COULD ENEN SHOOT IT FAST. ID RECOMEND A SHELL CATCHER.

iD BE ALOT MORE ENTHUSTAIC IF I ACTUALY HAD A MOSIN. i BET MY BOY WOULD LOVE A CUT DOWN KIDS VERSION ON A SPORTERISED STOCK I SURE WOULD A 16" BARRELD SCOUT STYLE MOSIN WITH LIGHT BARREL AND STOCK WITH CHAMBER ADDAPTER WOULD BE A GOOD XMASS GIFT FOR HIM... WERE ARE THE CHEAP MOSINS AT THESE DAYS OR POSSABLY JUST A BARRELD COMPLETE ACTION BARREL MUST BE GOOD ?????? THAT NEEDS A STOCK??? OK EXCITEMENT SETTING IN. WITH REDUCED LOAD FULL SIZE ROUND HE COULD USE IT FOR A DEER STAAND GUN AT CLOSE RANGE AS WELL IN A COUPLE YEARS. i SURE DONT NEED ANY MORE PROJECTS.

i WONDER WHAT KIND OF ACCURACY A ADDAPTER WOULD GIVE??? i HAVE A BARREL THAT iM MAKING A SHOOT GUN INSERT FOR THAT WILL BE 16" LONG THE GUN DONT HAVE SIGHT UNFORTUNATLY OR A SCOPE MOUNT SO iM NIT SURE HOW GOOD ILL BE ABLE TO SHOOT IT. IM LOOKING FOR A 20 OR 12 GA HANDI RIFLE BARREL THATS DRILLED AND TAPPED FOR A RAIL.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

30-30 MIGHT BE DOOABLE AND ITS RIMMED.

Feedback Score

biggun,
    Ill be a backup for a x54r case and test fitting. and I have a lathe to make changes.
    muttman

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

biggun,
    Ill be a backup for a x54r case and test fitting. and I have a lathe to make changes.
    muttman
    thanks but Ive got some cases coming.

a barrel stub with a intact chamber would be usefull however if any one has one.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I seem to recall having looked at a x25 adapter for a .30 chamber and there wasn't enough meat to ensure it would work in all cases. It would be close for some chambers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.