Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 7.62x25 Bullpup

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

486, I used a 12 inch long piece of (Brownells) spring wire for my trigger connection. It works fine.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Walker View Post
    486, I used a 12 inch long piece of (Brownells) spring wire for my trigger connection. It works fine.
    I've heard of that ending up squishy. I'd like to keep a good trigger pull if possible...

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I've heard of that ending up squishy. I'd like to keep a good trigger pull if possible...
    Buy several thicknesses of wire, this way you can try several and use the one you like best. Usually the "squishy" or spongey feel is from to thin a wire.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

I'm thinking a sheetmetal plate, then it would be bigger, and cheaper for me... Though I do need to get some spring wire...

Whoops, thread hijack. Sorry.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Great job, excellent execution! It's hard to build a gas 7.62x25, and hard to build a great looking bullpup on the AK platform. So, you did both! Kudos!
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

I used some 4-40 threaded rod from remote control aircraft. Add this to some good rass ball connecters and you have the makings of a smooth slack free system

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks all for the kind words... the initial photo was a pretty bad phone image.

Here are some more (and better) pics of the overall rifle, view of left:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

And the right...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Winn,

The bolt and bolt carrier are ak 74 with some small modifications:

The bolt carrier is shortened and ~1.25 inch piston is silver soldered in place. This operates properly with a normal length recoil spring assembly, but bolt carrier travel is limited by a large HDPE buffer. This prevents the shorter bolt carrier tube from causing the spring to go solid, and reduces the drag which results from the carrier moving completely past the hammer (and having to "bump" back over it on the way to chambering the next round). Notice that the bolt is relieved for the ejector, which has been moved quite a bit farther forward in the reciever- the relief can be seen right where the bolt stem enters the carrier.

The receiver pic shows that the trunnion is standard AK 74, modified to allow the snug fit of the PPS 43 magwell. A narrow feedramp is installed, held in place by a torx button screw. The ejector has been located at about the midway point of the magwell opening.
    Last edited by xebec; 11-20-2009 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Text added

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Fire control

As I posted earlier, the fire control system is pretty much straight AK in the reciever, with a couple of small modifications. It is controlled by a cable under constant tension that attatches directly to the front trigger. I messed about quite a bit with the whole fire control- starting with a rather complex sliding front trigger (ala 1911) that controlled a pushrod, and was tensioned by its own coil spring. I just couldn't get th push type connection to give me a good, consistant trigger pull and reset, so I abandoned that and started working on a pull/pull system. This worked out much better, is simpler, and more reliable.
    I will pull out the fire control components tonight and get some detail pics of the assemblies.

xebec

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.