Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45

Thread: 7.62x25 Bullpup

  1. #31
    Gunco Member xebec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    28
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Default

    Thanks Winn,

    It does run- the other day I burned through 300 rounds as fast as I could reload and pull the trigger. The only failure was a bad Bulgarian primer that refused to do its duty.

    I was also surprised that it did not need the tube to keep the carrier in alignment, but another reason for the long buffer is that the piston never exits the rear sight base. The carrier runs pretty straight and a slight chamfer on the front of the piston is all that seems to be needed to keep things running smoothly.

    I don't have any problem with split cases, bulges, or even dings (except of course for the Bulgarian and Polish surplus, which was thoughtfully pre-split for us). Cutting the chamber is a critical operation, as you know, particularly when your trying to close down the gap between bolt face and breach as much as possible without compromising extraction reliability. I also found that I needed to throat the chamber slighty- I noticed that sometimes when I tried to extract live Bulgarian rounds, the bullet would stick in the throat, and with those split necks, the bullet would be pulled out of the case and be left in the throat of the chamber-messy...

    xebec

  2. #32
    Gunco Veteran muttman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    west, TN.
    Posts
    1,172
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xebec View Post

    The only failure was a bad Bulgarian primer that refused to do its duty.

    xebec
    dam bulgarians. nice build . muttman

  3. #33
    Happy Camper hcpookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Williamsburg, VA
    Posts
    7,647
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

    Default

    Your internals design looks nice! I built my 45 winmag linkage on a push type, based on the Groza trigger design. Mine doesn't have adjustability in it, so it still has a little bit of slack... that R/C adjustment linkage you mentioned would sure be welcome on mine! I am going to rebuild part of my linkage "now that it works" to take up some of that slack and improve the pull.

    Did you ream your own barrel? Interesting that your throat doubled as a bullet puller That would be a stinker to have that happen at the range!

  4. #34
    Gunco Member xebec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    28
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Default

    Thanks hcpookie.

    Yes, it was irritating to have to use a cleaning rod to clear the gun. I did ream the chamber- in fact the barrel is actually off of one of the old $99 Tapco G1s. It had a bad crown, but the bore vas very nice, so I cut it off, contoured, crowned, sleeved, and reamed a chamber.

    xebec

  5. #35
    Gunco Rookie de44mag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by xebec View Post
    Thanks Winn,

    It does run- the other day I burned through 300 rounds as fast as I could reload and pull the trigger. The only failure was a bad Bulgarian primer that refused to do its duty.

    I was also surprised that it did not need the tube to keep the carrier in alignment, but another reason for the long buffer is that the piston never exits the rear sight base. The carrier runs pretty straight and a slight chamfer on the front of the piston is all that seems to be needed to keep things running smoothly.

    I don't have any problem with split cases, bulges, or even dings (except of course for the Bulgarian and Polish surplus, which was thoughtfully pre-split for us). Cutting the chamber is a critical operation, as you know, particularly when your trying to close down the gap between bolt face and breach as much as possible without compromising extraction reliability. I also found that I needed to throat the chamber slighty- I noticed that sometimes when I tried to extract live Bulgarian rounds, the bullet would stick in the throat, and with those split necks, the bullet would be pulled out of the case and be left in the throat of the chamber-messy...

    xebec
    that is an awesome bullpup build
    thanks for sending me the link in an email.
    im very interested in building one of these.
    if its not to much trouble could you make a parts list run down.
    im going to make a list of parts to start ordering.

  6. #36
    Gunco Regular Shadow Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    812
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

    Default

    Very nice Bullpup, with some very good ideas. It makes me wish I had come back sooner to check it out.

  7. #37
    Gunco Member xebec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    28
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by de44mag View Post
    that is an awesome bullpup build
    thanks for sending me the link in an email.
    im very interested in building one of these.
    if its not to much trouble could you make a parts list run down.
    im going to make a list of parts to start ordering.
    I can do that- probabally can get the basics sorted out this weekend and I will post parts and material.

    Be aware that this does require basic machine shop access-lathe and mill at the minimum, or at least access to a machinist who would do the necessary work. Ability to press and pin ak barrels is going to be a benefiet as well.

    xebec

  8. #38
    Gunco Rookie de44mag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xebec View Post
    I can do that- probabally can get the basics sorted out this weekend and I will post parts and material.

    Be aware that this does require basic access-lathe and mill at the minimum, or at least access to a machinist who would do the necessary work. Ability to press and pin ak barrels is going to be a benefiet as well.

    xebec
    That would be awesome Thanks!
    Will be looking forward to it.
    as far as machine work it shouldn't be a problem lots of machinists in the area

  9. #39
    No Hope For Me 1biggun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    13,240
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

    Default

    Thanks hcpookie.

    Yes, it was irritating to have to use a cleaning rod to clear the gun. I did ream the chamber- in fact the barrel is actually off of one of the old $99 Tapco G1s. It had a bad crown, but the bore vas very nice, so I cut it off, contoured, crowned, sleeved, and reamed a chamber.

    xebec
    WHY IS THIS THE LAST POST I CAN READ ON THIS THREAD????????? THERE IS A COMPUTER PROBLEM HERE ANY ONE ELSE HAVING ISSUES?????????????? I CANT READ AT LEAST THREE POSTS wtf

  10. #40
    Gunco Member azhonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    212
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    works for me.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •