Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: AK x25 barrel mods

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Yea im not going to be able to do flutes at least not easly . I need to build one of them guns some day just to know how they work.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    Yea im not going to be able to do flutes at least not easly . I need to build one of them guns some day just to know how they work.
    http://oregonshooter.com/share/28315...T_GAP_PG_1.jpg
    That's the best picture I can find right now that explains it. Remember that the HKs have no gas system, the force of the bolt getting pushed back pushes the rollers into the bolt head, where they have to push the carrier back to go into the bolt head enough to unlock.
    Kinda hard to comprehend that it's not locked like other designs. What helps me imagine this is that if you put a cleaning rod down the barrel and pushed on the bolt face hard enough you would unlock the bolt, whereas with most designs as hard as you pushed you wouldn't do anything. The forces are too great to unlock something like a g3 with a cleaning rod, but you might be able to do it with one of the pistol caliber ones...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I keep trying to convinve myself I don't need one........but its not working

Feedback Score

not to bring up a dead thread, but 1biggun, can you still make x25 barrels to fit into an ak74 trunnion? I new and didn't have enough posts to PM you.

Feedback Score

is this thread dead?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

there never dead completly.

yes I can make barrels still and likely will be doing more work in the future. PM or email me with requests and Ill reply. Im swamped with life but hope to be in the shop once winter get here.

Id like to try one of those $33 GM .311 bore blanks in a 7.62x25 and see how they work out that would give a reasonable priced new blank source that will fit a 23mm trunion. I cant say what the accuracy would be but several factory submachine guns had .311 bore originaly Im told.

Feedback Score

SARCO advertises 30 cal blanks cheap, 2 and 4 grove about $15 each. I think they are springfield barrels with the chamber cut off. centerfiresystems has yugo ak barrels from the crate for about the same, no pick. I think that means rough shape.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

SARCO advertises 30 cal blanks cheap, 2 and 4 grove about $15 each. I think they are springfield barrels with the chamber cut off. centerfiresystems has yugo ak barrels from the crate for about the same, no pick. I think that means rough shape.

most of the time they are out and the ones I have got about half had bad bores despite them being advertised as good. also many are not as long as advertised and then you cant get 23mm out of them. the ones I was able to use made decent barrels and also ot your starting from a AK 74 kit the trunion will be 22MM so you likely be able to use it if its cut to far down the breach end. If you get a good one I can chamber it for you. I plan on doning more barrels this winter as well as a few other things.

the last bad one I had I chambered it any way and made a insert for a H&R shoot gun barrel. It shot fine even though there was some pitting in the bore in a few spots.

there worth a risk If they actualy have any in stock.

for $35 the GM .311 blanks are a option im not sure how they would shoot but some of the submachine guns in x25 had a .311 bore im told

Feedback Score

The SARCO .30 cal dewat barrels (Springfield mfg) I gather are from 1903-A3 rifles ??? They could also be used for 7.62x25mm Tokarev ie in PPS-43 builds etc.

VD

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

there definatly spring field there susposed to be drill gun barrels with un fired bores. they apear un fired but are not always in the best of shape. all the ones I had were made into 7.62x25 for my self or meambers here. some day im going to build the gun I want LOL. there worth a risk ask if there returnable. If they had beeen all good I would have likely bough 50 of them back when I first got into doing x25,s. back about a year ago they had two groove and 4 as I recall. the two grove were cheaper. I heard that the two grove work well for cast bullets but I dont know why they would be better just what I read on the net.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.