Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AK x25 barrel mods

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default AK x25 barrel mods

Guy's I've searched but can't find the post's for this builder so I ask here.

A while ago I found a post from a builder who converted an AK to 7.62x25 and he modded a barrel by cutting off a chamber from a ppsh-43 barrel and pushing it into a drilled and bored out chamber area on the AK barrel.

I also think this builder took an AK barrel and Tig welded the chamber up and then recut the chamber area with a 7.62x25 reamer!

I am trying to find the post's and the builder any help would be greatly appreciated.

I guess my search parameters are all screwed up cuz I couldn't find the thread/posts/builders.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

hmmm I remeamber that build. there is going to be a lot of free bore because the x25 round is shorter. also if thein sert made form a pps barrel is longer then the chamber there will rifeling not matching the barrel it going into. also consider that if you use a chrome lined barrel you will have find a way to cut out the old chamber. a piolted reamer will be needed also to cut out the old chamber if you want any kind of percision.

you talking a lot of work to make a barrel that might not shoot that good. not to mention you will have to by a doner barrel for the chamber.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I sent you a PM

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I wanted to re-read the post's to see if this was something feasible for me to do or not, nothing in stone just looking for info to make some decisions from.

The post i'm talking about and posted here by AZHonkey is for any ideas that can be gleaned.

I'm just doing as much research on this project as I can before getting started, utilizing as much info and tips/tricks as I can find to increase my base!

Thanx AZ.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

you can get 16" 7.62x25 barrels pretty cheap and just turn them to the dia you need for the trunnion.

that may be alot cheaper and easier than all that other machine work.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    you can get 16" 7.62x25 barrels pretty cheap and just turn them to the dia you need for the trunnion.

that may be alot cheaper and easier than all that other machine work.
    can you help me out? ive looked everywhere. best i could find was ones already sold or sold out

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

can you help me out? ive looked everywhere. best i could find was ones already sold or sold out
    PM sent

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

1Biggun,

Others might be interested too , don't hide it divide it

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

1Biggun,

Others might be interested too , don't hide it divide it

I have been chambering some barrels and doing some barrel work for others. I dont have a source of cheap premade or surpluss x25 barrels. If some one wants a barrel made or chamberd in x25 or x39 email me or PM me. I sent a PM as not to advertise in the wrong forum.

Im also looking for cheap .308 blanks and take off barrels so I can pass savings along. if someone has a source please PM me or email me.

If some one needs a barrel chambered or a chamberd blank Email me or PM me Ill see if I can help.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.