Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: caliber conversion reference page

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

This needs to be a sticky, there's a lot of good info to let it get pushed down the pages.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

TRX & 1BG,
    When I made my 500 S&W conversion the only data I found on the net was at the Tromix site. Little did I know that the fine folks on this forum existed. Reading all of the posts here has been inspiring and eye opening. Keep up the good work and a sticky too!

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    TRX & 1BG,
    When I made my 500 S&W conversion the only data I found on the net was at the Tromix site.
    I was pretty darned impressed with your .500. I'd like to hear more about the nitty-gritty details, either on your akforum thread or here.

Feedback Score

What would you like to know about? I am willing to share and have few secrets. I have just about abandoned theakforum. Most of the guys there are ok but want some sort of "original AK ocd bs". Granted Turbo and Nodak offers good products but the BIY forum over there should be re-named the "turbo benevolence society and nodak builders forum". There is no outside the box thinking. Nothing but the same topics over and over. The best comparison is they are restoring forum over there and this is the Hotrod forum. I own and like original weapons but love a Hotrod weapon. Let me know your wants and I'll try to provide. willie

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    What would you like to know about? I am willing to share and have few secrets.
    Start a thread and let 'er rip. Bolt face and extractor? Reamer? Magazine mods? Recoil spring? Gas port size?
    Last edited by TRX; 06-18-2010 at 09:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

TRX & 1BG,
    When I made my 500 S&W conversion the only data I found on the net was at the Tromix site. Little did I know that the fine folks on this forum existed. Reading all of the posts here has been inspiring and eye opening. Keep up the good work and a sticky too!
    When I saw your 500 build I new you needed to be over here. I posted links to that build here the minute i saw it and sent you links to this site LOL.

Im working on my switch barrel build based on your threaded trunion build.

Ive been thinking about a 1"-14 thread as of late.

as stated above start your own thread on the 500 conversion I Know every one here would love to see some close ups and details on it. Its one of the nicest calibure conversins ive seen.

The AK forum has some good info but there are a lot of bad info there as well. I joined to see Turbothis s work and yours as well. other than that there is not to much out side thinking. there are only somany ways to build a original looking build with a nonoriginal reciver. some guys get a little carried away acting like there building something original. Kind of a beany baby mentality that some how a SA clone is some great historical item.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Theakforum is split into sub-forums to accomodate people who are more focused on specific AK types and collecting than Gunco is. Gunco is more focused on building.

We're all supposed to be adults here, guys. Just be glad there are many sources of information available to us.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Christmas Wish 2010 = 10mm Auto AK-47

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Hmm. For some reason all the Gunco threads are DOA. Anyone know what happened?
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Hmm. For some reason all the Gunco threads are DOA. Anyone know what happened?
    I think the links got scrambled during the last upgrade.
    I seen a thread the other day about the AK templates that are in the library, the original links I posted gave the same error so I went into the library and they were still there, when I re-posted the links they worked. I didn't look to see if a word or number got changed or not, so I think the threads are still there it's just the links don't work anymore.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.