Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: caliber conversion reference page

Feedback Score

Hey 1biggun, I find the easiest way to search different forums and actually come up with decent results is use google's search engine with the site modifier command...like this: first go to google.com then in the search box type in 'site:gunco.net 1biggun'
    the key thing being 'site:gunco.net' anything after that are keywords to search for... once you have the search results up there you can then click on the 'search tools' button and narrow the results by date range or other stuff, hope this helps a little it's what I always do when I can't find something with the built-in forum search tools.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

what is word pad ?
    NotePad & WordPad are basically text programs that comes with Windows, there's a lot of uses for it but I mainly use it for letters or making reminder notes.
    WordPad is the one that saves pics, NotePad is only for text.

If you have Windows 7 this is how you get to it, might be the same for XP.
    Click on the "start" button in the lower left of the desk top, then "All Programs", then the "Accessories" folder. Then you'll see NotePad & WordPad. WordPad is better and has more features.

Once you get it opened up try to copy & paste a few things from a thread, find one with a pic or two.
    1-Open WordPad and open the thread you want to try to save, you have to copy and paste the text and pic(s) separately (don't know how else to do it), hold the left mouse button down and drag it across the text to highlight it, then right click and in the new window left click on "copy".
    Oh if there is text before and after a pic, you most likely will have to do the first part of the text, then the pic, then the next part of the text. So you'll be doing multiple copy & paste for one posting.

2-Then go to WordPad and in the upper left is a thing that looks like a clipboard with "Paste" under it, left click or double click the clipboard thing and the text should be added.

3-For pic(s) right click on the pic and choose "copy", then do the clipboard thing.

4-When your done just click the X in the upper right and it will ask you to "save" or "don't save", click "save" and then it will ask where you want it saved on your pc.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks Ronsii
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Ill have to play around with this when I get home tonight . I have windows 7

It really sucks the site has changed so you cant just pull up you old threads an posts .

Feedback Score

Thanks Coils.

1biggun,
    I'm about in the same boat as you. I'm much better at building than computer issues, but I'll see if I can figure out what Coils was trying to describe for a solution to this problem.
    HART SYSTEMS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evr_tP9cJWY
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

The good news is even if you had to go read through every caliber conversion post its separated from all the other AK building stuff.

Some of those threads are priceless IMO as they show a lot of the custom stuff guys have designed over the years .

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

If you guys need help let me know, I'll try to help more if I can.
    This info needs to be saved and links restored. I'll try to go through some of them later this week

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Some thing is really screwed up here. none of the threads come up hardly here in a goggle search an they used to !

My Gunco accurizing the AK thread has always come up number 1 on a goggle search as well as in the imigaes , now its not even found in a search WTF . A lot of the stuff here used to come up nuber 1 in serch an now none of it comes up at all.

What changed ?????????????????????????????????? How does the site hope to attract meambers if searches of what used to be the number one site on AK calibure conversions comes up with nothing ????????????????? I now that my 308 conversion thread had a ton of looks an the original pre sticky accurizing the ak thread was one of the most looked at threads here or near the top . i cant even find it any more !

several months ago the pre sticky thread was in the AK discussion area still ( I think) an the edited sticky was in the build it your self ak section .. Were is the original thread ? I was answering questions on it a few months agoan was wishing it was going tot he sticky instead . Why does it no longer come up in a goggler search near the top an why cant it be found at all? i seriously dubt there is a more indpth an more viwed conversation than that thread on the subject .

Why do all the old links no longer work ? Does there new adress or what ever has happend have anyhtg to do with them not being popularly searcehd on goggle?

I know for a fact that on just about everysearch engine that thread was #1 a year ago, now it dosent exist unless you go to gunco an look it up.

pretty hard to attract meamber if people looking for AK an other gun info are not finding Gunco in a search.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! doing a googe seach for AK info an a person would never kow the site exists !

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Looks like someone is planning a 9mm build... <grin>
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.