Gunco Forums banner

8mm kurtz

4K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  1biggun 
#1 ·
thinking of another conversion for the future while i work on my current project. how hard or easy would it be converting to 8mm kurtz? maybe just open up the bolt face, see about mags and maybe turn and rechamber a mauser barrel? I'm not looking to start a 7.62x39 vs 7.92x33 debate I just am in love with 8mm rounds. also if there is other posting about this conversion (i couldn't find much) then let me know, i'm not trying to beat a dead horse

#29 ·
Moleman,
Thanks for the link about chamber fluting via broach-filing.

By the way an EDM machine doesn't have to cost $50K per comment in the link. A simple one can be built from plans these days for about $100.oo or less.

ECM (electro-chemical machining) process could be the way to go for fluting. It is essentially an acid etching boosted by DC electricity. A protective coating (resist) masks the metal that is not to be etched.

VD

#30 ·
ECM (electro-chemical machining) process could be the way to go for fluting. It is essentially an acid etching boosted by DC electricity. A protective coating (resist) masks the metal that is not to be etched.
there is really good etching thread on the AK forum were guys are doing serial numbers and markings with a ac to dc addapter like used to charge phones ect. Id check that out. I plan on trying it on some scraped out recivers. its really basic to make one its in there sticky section of build it your self

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.