Thread: 22 CHEETAH MK 1

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Default 22 CHEETAH MK 1

I HAVE IN MY POSSESION A 22 CHEETAH MK1 REAMER AND DIES ARE COMING.

it is basicaly a 308 BR brass necked down to 22 cal. I think I can just use 243 or 308 brass. It will do around 4,300 FPS or 1000 FPS faster than my 223 I have a couple 22-250 barrels that have the throat starting to go and Im going to rechamber them with this and use them on a screw in barrel build.

its a barrel burner but it will be fun and fast an flat. a 1-7 twist with 100 GR 223 bullets would really reach out there

22 Cheetah

.22 Cheetah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

when built it will likely have the fastest MV of any AK ever built slightly fater than the 17-223 I think.

Feedback Score

BG,
    you are steeping in to custom build range, good luck and keep posting on this one.
    muttman

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

BG, do a little research on this cartridge before you build your gun. WHen I worked at Sierra Bullets, our CAD guy had a Remington 40x chamber in that wildcat. He got away from it because it would burn the throat out of the barrel in 500-700 rounds. It is a very impressive wildcat for a short run. He has since rebarreled the rifle for 22-243 Middlested. It is now lasting to about 1500 before the throat erodes.
    Update on the 22 Cheetah MkI - Cast Boolits
    Fire forming Lapua 243 to 22 CHeetah - Military Surplus Collectors Forums
    22 CHeetah Mark 1 reforming - Military Surplus Collectors Forums
    22 Cheetah forming procedure - Military Surplus Collectors Forums
    .22 CHeetah - Shooters Forum
    22-243 Middlested
    Freedom is not free. Some will perish to preserve it for the many. Just as our Forefathers did before us, we must take up the battle and not waver. Victory is our only option.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

HMMM there is not much differance between the middle stead and the Cheetah. the cheetah MK 1 has a differant throat more like a ackely improved and the MK 2 has the original throat. I think the only differance is the cheetah uses 308 bench rest brass originaly Im prettty sure I can use normal 308.

I know its a barrel burner but since I cot the reamer any 223 or 22-250 barrel on gunbroker that goes cheap will be a canidate. Im doing this on a screwin barrel build so ill be able to change barrels in minutes. I can find 223 barrels for sround $35- $40 so it wont be to bad. Im going to do this on a light profile and plan to load light to keep the pressures down to AK safe. I do have plans On converting the 308 sagia to a screw in barrel once I get the set up perfected.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Hmmm after read those links forming brass sounds like a pain. i thought Id be able to just run 243 brass through a die and have it. I may need to play with some stuff. I dont have form dies just FL reloading dies Ill order some 243 brass pretty soon as i need it for the switch barrel build any way.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.