Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 9mm Jonson a 9mmx39?????? :)

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Nothing got my interest, and overall I can sympathize with your feelings toward an egotist.

It looks like a short magnum, which only means to me it might fit an AK magazine. I'm always interested in 9x39 type rounds, my hope is to one day build a suppressed VSS look-alike. Most of my shots (deer) are under 200 yards, and a hard-hitting, suppressed subsonic round appeals to me.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by sjohnson View Post
    Most of my shots (deer) are under 200 yards, and a hard-hitting, suppressed subsonic round appeals to me.
    You'll want at least a .45 if you want that combo. The 9x39 with its 250 grain [IIRC] bullet is pretty much equal to a .45 ACP so far as power. You can't really go heavier than that with the 9mm caliber, unless you go really long in bullets.

The only real way to get more POWAH out of subsonic rounds is to go with heavier bullets, and the 300+gr .458 bullets would be perfect I'd think for a hard hitting subsonic round.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

444 marlin or the wildcat 444??? would be the ticket a 265 grain bullet is pretty potent at aropund 2000 FPS or so a 240 GR will go close to 2300 FPS about the same as a normal 125GR AK round. WTF are you allowed to hunt with a supressor Legaly ????

The 7.62x39 IMOO is barely powerfull enough at 200 yards and expansion gets really shacky at that range especialy with a short barrel. Trust me I have been lucky with mine at those ranges. I dont think a 9mm going under 1000 FPS is going to a very good deer round. Im not a big fan of the 30 whisper round either. Like bosted above if i were allowed to hunt with a supressor It would be a really big bullet like the 450 bushmaster or the beowolf in something like 400 grains. the trajectory of most subsonic rounds would require some pretty good range guessing.

a 35 remington or 358 winchester could be supressed as well and would be a easy build.

I know guys who hunt with 357 mag rifles occasionaly and they loose a lot of deer. and that with a bullet going around 1600 FPS.

Now if the law allowed supression and i was shooting 30 yards from a tree stand and could take a head or neck shot then Id be all for it. hell even a well placed vitals shot would kill but id hate to be off much. Id still like to build one and Id like to some day get a legal surpressor I thing it would make a awsome plinker for in back of the house an keep the neighbors happy.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I would NEVER use an illegal firearm for deer.

But, I can dream. The biggest advantage a .45 has over the 9mm class is bullets with pistol velocity jackets. Everything else is shot placement. I'll go without if I can't put one down in one, quick-kill shot. The meat tastes gamey otherwise and it's not humane for the deer.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.