Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: conversion to .32 fed mag.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

The 327 fed and 30 Carbine are ballistic twins as well as the cases being very similar (I believe even the case OAL is the same). I've always thought 30 Carbine cases straight wall sized in a .327 fed sizer die then given cheap .32 ACP pistol bullets would make a very handy and easy to reload for rifle. You could possibly even use a .327 Fed chamber reamer and a 7.62x39 barrel. This would also allow the use of 30 cabine mags.

My only concerns with this are the chamber reaming and feeding of the long, thin, now straight walled cartridge. The 30 carbine's case does have a slight taper that starts about 1/2 way down, it's barely visible.

Feedback Score

20nick,
    the tapper on the 30 car is the problem for me when reaming. I can get my hands on a cheep 30 car barrel but the inside of the barrel is ?. with the cost of ammo I may just put this one on the back burnner for now. muttman

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

That's my whole idea behind this, ammo cost and ease of reloading. Last I looked .32 ACP bullets were about $65 per 500. I would be leery of using a .30 carbine reamer due to the rapid case expansion in the chamber with the now straight walled .327 fed sized case. Maybe a .327 reamer? Dunno, just something I've been kicking around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.