Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: conversion to .32 fed mag.

Feedback Score

Default conversion to .32 fed mag.

looking over my (last year's) hogdon rag the other day and found an artical on the "new" cals and found one on the .32 fed mag that looks good to me for a conversion to an AK blow back pistol. the case head is listed as .375" bulet DIA. is listed at .313" str8 walled case so a reguler reamer (non gun store)could be used to carve out a chopedbarrel. what do ya think?

muttman

Feedback Score

Rimmed so good luck finding a mag for it. If you're talking about the ".327 magnum" caliber that came out a bit ago then that has really high pressures and I wouldn't go to blowback with it...

Feedback Score

that's the reason I ask. a "you all watch this" is not good and yes the pressure is close to the x39 range with regular powder but with trail boss pressure is in the nice range. as far as the mag goes I have some AK single stack mags that might work with some filler blocks and some head scraching. muttman

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

There are various magazines you might look at as building blocks - .30 Carbine, 7.62x25, etc.

You can deal with a rimmed cartridge two ways:

A) stack with the rims positioned one ahead of the other, with the column curving like an AK mag

B) stack with the rims offset left/right, so the magazine is straight, but the back is wider than the front

Lots of rifles have shot 54R, .303, and other rimmed cartridges through magazines, and pistols like the Coonan .357 and various Desert Eagles. Figuring everything out and tweaking it to feed reliably might involve some head-scratching, but the problem has been solved multiple times before, so you know it can be done.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

HMMM im sure it can be done, not sure what the gain would be over a 7.62x30 or a 7.62x25 other than just to have one. Ammo would be pricey thats for sure.

Id rather see a 357 mag or even a 38 spl at least the cheap brass would be out there.

Feedback Score

BG,
    the main reason for the idea is I have three(3) choped barrels 8-10" in lenth 2 of witch are from rommy flavor (cromed) the last one is a good yugo dark bore. the yugo Im saving for ?? but the rommy's I can ream out to somthing in a .30 cal. after looking up what brass cost and lack of it I think I'll hold off for now and re think this one.
    muttman

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

how are you going to cut the crome lined barrel?? thats going to damage most tooling.

Feedback Score

Try a carbide straight chucking reamer to remove the chrome skin. Use lots of Tapmatic juice and a slow RPM in a lathe.

VD

Feedback Score

BG,
    the crome is not that big of a problem that I have found. a reguler 5/15" hss drill (mic out @ .310) bit will remove chrome. I found this out after boring out my germin barrel stub for my RPK.
    VD,
    yes lotts of juce, if I could make a pump to get it to flow in the barrel I would.

Feedback Score

Hello muttman,
    How about gravity feed and a rotory union ???

VD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.