Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 6.8 spc

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

They aren't necessarily better choices, unless you're considering an overall performance increase. I think the 6.8 has merit for what it does, just don't push it beyond its limits. I for one would not have a problem building one. Heck I'll take one of each!
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

IMOO the only real advantage the 6.8 SPC or the grendal have over the rounds I mentioned is that they will fit in a AR mag. Carry weight is less but so what Im not taking any thing I build into battel and likely is 99.9% of the readers here. there is nothing a 6.5 grendal can do performanmce wise that a 260 remington cant do better. there is noting a 6.8 can do that a 7mm-08 cant do better. I see no reason the be restricted to AR limitations in a AK that dosent have to have them.

Id like to have a 6.5 grendal in a AK and the 6.8 is not a bad round I just feel the grendal is better. the gains that the 6.8 have at close range arnt treally going to make much of a differance n the real world as your dead or wonded both ways but at 450 yardsthe 6.5 will have a much larger advantage and even more so a 600. i dont know much about war and combate but I do know that if I could see the enemy id like to be able to shoot at them. and the grendal has the advantage. Im a hunter to i want the extra horse power of a longer round and i dont care what the weight differance is. I car how much it costs to shoot and reload and how accurate it is.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Don't you also need a 3 lug bolt for the 308ish rds as well?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Don't you also need a 3 lug bolt for the 308ish rds as well?
    read all the threads here and decide for your self. I have several 308 based calibur guns but as I mentioned above hand load and keep the pressures down. the 308 GALIL is two lug and the bolt looks identcal to a normal bolt but witha big bolt face. there is a extensive 308 conversion thread here. keep in mind that the grendal and the spc are bolth loaded heavier than a x39 as well.

even at reduced pressures the larger case capicity rounds still out perform the smaller ones. a good example is a 300 savage loaded at around 45,000 VS a x39 round the the x39 loses by 300-400 fps. its the same with a light loaded 308.

Feedback Score

I just wish somebody reliable would start making AR mag adapters instead of MSA.

-MRA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.