Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 358 WINCHESTER.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Default 358 WINCHESTER.

I have a 358 win reamer on the way and will be doing a barrel for a AK at some point.

Ill be hand loading and keeping things in the safe zone. Ill up date as things develope.

Ill need to find a barrel or blank to rechamber 1st.

Feedback Score

What is the charge ($) for a reamer cut in a barrel that I send to you? Muttman

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

PM ME WE WILL WORK SOME THING OUT. I dont know if it has a removable pilot or not I won it on a auction site so untill I have it in my hands I dont know what its like. Im researching if I can use 357 mag barrels or not right now.

This round would work great with cast lead bullets especialy for cheap plinking and there are a ton of them out there in 9mm 38 an 357. Ivf you think about it once you pay for the brass the only cost differance over shooting this and a 38 special is the powder cost.

one of my CFS barreless kits will be a 358 Win with factory barrel attachments and profile it will make a great brush gun.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

it appears that the rifle bullets for this round are all .358 that is the same as a a lot of the pistol bullets for a 38specal or 357 mag. many of the pistol bullets are also listed as .357 Im sure they would work fine in a 358win rifle.

I need to research dies and avalaible factrory brass as well as find a good blank Untill I know what my reamer pilot is I cant really by a blank for the barrel.

Im kicking around a pump action AK that will shoot super light loads just as a plinker also for my kid.

of course the same thing cpuld be done with a .30 cal but this would be more fun an cool LOL.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Feedback Score

Brass can be easily made from 308, no worries there. I had a Winchester M88 years ago. Wish I had it back. Using 158 gr cast bullets and Unique powder I made up Squibb loads at 800 fps that were almost silent. Id try Trail Boss today. What receiver and magazine will you be using?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Brass can be easily made from 308, no worries there. I had a Winchester M88 years ago. Wish I had it back. Using 158 gr cast bullets and Unique powder I made up Squibb loads at 800 fps that were almost silent. Id try Trail Boss today. What receiver and magazine will you be using?
    Ill be using a home made reciver made from 4130 flat so there is no demples in it an likely a g3 mag like on my 243 build that Im working on today. In fact I might just make a barrel assemply and use the 243 reciver as it is a screw build. buy the time you cut the rail out to move the ejector back and then mod themag well and center suport its better to just build from a flat then mod a 100% reciver however it can be done.

Feedback Score

Hey 1BG,
    GPC has new Winchester 356 (358 w/rim) for a whopping $53.70. They list 2 part# 705100 and 705090 one is an XTR?

Barrel, .356 Win, 20'', Round - New, Factory Orig, Blue. Dovetail Front & Rear

HTH, willie

Could ya use dat reamer wit a larger pilot on a 375?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

thanks for the link. I dont know if a floating reamer or not it should be here in a few days Im sure it could have abushing addded. I was thinking about a bigger bore also and being able to use the reamer with a seperate N&T reamer. a 375-308 would be slick and one hell of a brush gun or close range socom special of some sort if that your thing. Im reading that the 358 win kicks like hell BTW worse than a 30-06 so this ought to be a factot in my stock and barrel attachment decisions. maybe a magna port type set up.

Im going to try to make a tool that will will work in a drill press to rebate rims Im thinking about a keyless chuck with a mandrell to suppoert the neck and a springloaded live center to fit into the primer pocket with a arm some thing to hold a lathe bit cut to machine the rim down and also cut the grove in one pass.Im looking for a cheap keyless chuck that is hled on with a screw in the center that can be replace with a arbor that protects the neck from colapsing when it is chucked in. I really like the idea of being able to rebate brass fast then on my AKs standard loads will not chamber and I cant have a accident. with a rebated rim to fit a standard AK I could call the whole series of round a wildcat. like a 22-250 AKR (AK rebated) 243 AKR , 260 AKR and so on a 375 AKR would have a nice ring to it. i also would nothave to modify the bolts either.

I have 6 5.45x39 bolts to play with that have the longer lugs Im going to use them with a yugo bulged trunion if possable . IMOO this will yeild the strongest two lug AK possable made from factory avaiable parts. Ill likely open up the bolt face to at least the size of a 7.62x39. one or two bolts aare going to convert the CFS kits into 223 brass based rifles possably 17-223 or 204 ruger. maybe a 6mm ar turbo although I can doe everything with a plane old down loaded 243 WIN cheaper.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post

I have 6 5.45x39 bolts to play with .
    I thought I had 6 boldt heads to play with. just kidding, nice score when I get to that point (need 5.45 or 5.56 boldt) I'll pm you.
    muttman

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.