Gunco Forums banner

GUNSMITH BARREL BLANKS

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  1biggun 
#1 ·
THEY ARE GOING TO SELL A LOT OF THESE. WAY TO GO GREEN MOUTAIN.

#2 ·
IF THEY SHOOT THOSE 223 BLANKS WOULD BE PERFECT FOR A 223 ak BUILD. IM THINKING THEY MIGHT BE THE TICKET FOR MY 22 CHEETAH BARREL BURNER. AT $30 EACH iLL JUST REPLACE IT EVERY 1000 ROUNDS :) (IF THEY ARE ACCURATE) THE TWIST IS PERFECT FOR HEAVY BULLETS.

THOSE 9MM BARRELS WOULD BE GOOD FOR A LOT OF PROJECTS.

I WISH THEY HAD A CHEAP .308 BLANK HOWEVER. A 6.5MM WOULD SELL ALL DAY LONG.

#6 · (Edited)
NEW! Gunsmith Edition Raw Round Barrel Blanks

ETA: Why oh why do we have a redirecting system in the site rather than just letting links be links?
ETA2: There we go.

ETA3: Well damn, this is just getting ridiculous now.

EDIT4: Why the hell are these here in the options if they do NOTHING?
Miscellaneous Options
Automatically parse links in text
Automatically retrieve titles from external links

#7 ·
LOL oops sorry about the missing link I forgot to paste it.

any way the barrels are a bargin if they shoot half way decent. a heavy barrel 223 can be done cheap and its a fast twist I hope they shoot hlaf decent.

Im going to call them about which end is muzzel and also what the differancces are between these and there more expensive blanks. of the same calibur. I also would like to know there hardness.

#9 ·
Im looking at doing a switch barrel build on the Sagia by threading the trunion. I need to work out all the bugs first on a standard AK. Ill likely do a a 22-cheetah barrel for the sagia as well as on a standard AK. On the standard AK Ill likely reate the cases so they cant get mixed up. I have 6mm-284 hopes for the 308 saiga if i can get the round through the trunion lugs. A 22-250 shooting heavy bullets with that fast twist would be a good option as well. it would burn barrels with the fast twist but if there only $30 or basicaly the cost of a good box of shells then so what just add it to the cost of high perfomance shooting. Im looking into the Montana rifle man chrome barrel thing also as these over bores all would benifit from chrome lining even if some accuracy was lost.

There seems to be a surge in avaliable .310 bore barrrels lately as well as other cheaper button rifled barrels.

McGowen barrels are known as good quality and they have a .310 balnk now for around $155 or so.

Chrome Moly Rifle/Pistol Barrels

In think ill start a thread of barrel manufactures who offer blanks and services that are good for the AK builder.

#11 ·
NEED A 7.62X54 HEAVY BARREL FOR MY PSL PROJECT. ANY GOOD IDEAS?
do you want a .308 bore like the sweds use on there mosins or a .311 bore? will you be reloading? there are 20"x1" blanks on GM,s site right now for $30 buy one and have it chambered turned to you needs. Im going to do a x39 with a straight 1" od barrel . I started a barrel makers thread check it out thereare several who make .311 blanks. Mcgowen is a good barrel but not dirt cheap. it all depends on what your looking for inregards to accuracy. IMOO 20" might be a little short for a x54r but it wsill certanly work. might lose a few FPS over say a 24"

I dont have x54 reamer But I think turbo this on the AK forum might. if you buy or rent the reamer I can likely chamber it for you for a small fee.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.