Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GOT MY ROMY PART KIT TODAY!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default GOT MY ROMY PART KIT TODAY!

Now i am stuck, sort of. I have a flat, but I have to bend it (no jig and cannot find anyone in or around tallahassee to bend it). My FFL was ordering me a receiver, but it a) has not arrived b) he is blowing smoke or c) the vendor is blowing smoke. Dont know which, but no receiver. I may have him try the Nodak $43 special.

Now that i have all the parts i can get my barrel turned to fit the rsb/fgb. Again finding someone around here is near impossible.

I AM SO CLOSE NOW I CAN TASTE IT! My 762x25 Vityaz clone project is not too far away!
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

those cheap NDS recivers are drilled for a bulgy 5.45x39 trunion. what kit do you have??? Im oretty sure the hole pattern is differnat than a Rommy.

They are a Good deal if you can make them work. I have a few trunions so I hope to get a couple if i can scrape togeter the cash. Why are you having your FFL order for you? find one who will gladly recive it in an transfer it all he needs to do is senf a copy of his license by fax you can do the ordering your self. NDS ids easy just fax in the order an a copy of the ffl and it gets shipped.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

big gun, thanks for the info. my dad is leo and had his ffl handling the receiver. they were coming from akreceivers.com. these looked great and did not have the holes drilled for the front trunnion. at $39 it is less expensive than buy/building a bending jig. if push comes to shove that what i will do next, given i have a flat.

the kit was from centerfire and was one of the $99 Romanians, everything minus barrel and receiver. it came with wood furniture with the grip up front that i will most likely not use.

i have the barrel to turn and wanted to wait until i had the parts kit. at least this way the areas to be turned will match the parts i have and not rely on typical specs.

this is my first ground up build. i have a few saiga conversions under my belt so this will be the true test. i have read everything i could find here and on other boards regarding a general ak build and specific to a pistol caliber build. i think i have the basic setup fairly well thought out and decided that keeping a gas-op config will be the best overall approach for a 762x25.

cheers
    scott

Feedback Score

The NDS 3 I bought on gunbroker for $59 worked great on my Romy! Looks great too!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Why are you having your FFL order for you?
    If the FFL orders it, he will have to pay sales tax (if applicable in his state) but shouldn't have to pay a transfer fee.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

How are you planning to do the magwell?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

the magwell is something am going to look at when i get the receiver and trunnion dry fit. may end up doing something like the ppsh. i have seen a couple of milled magwells floating around here and other places that look interesting.

would really like to pull off the rock and lock traditional ak but dont know if it is do-able.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

The NDS 3 I bought on gunbroker for $59 worked great on my Romy! Looks great too!
    HMMMMM there only $55 shipped from NDS not sure why you would pay more??

Feedback Score

$55 and he paid for shipping. The only drawback would be that it has to go to a FFL and mine charges $20 for the privilege. But, $75 all told for a really good receiver that the parts literally just fall into perfectly is a good deal. Add a $200-$250 parts kit and you have only $275-$325 invested into a fun shooter that can be resold if necessary.

My humble $.02

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

That's a nice looking magwell!
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.