Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: .22-250?

Feedback Score

Does anybody know of anyone ever do anything with the .250-3000, .22 ppc or 6mm ppc in an AK?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Does anybody know of anyone ever do anything with the .250-3000, .22 ppc or 6mm ppc in an AK?
    the 22 an 6mm PPC have been done by others on other sights. keep in mind that those rounds are generaly loaded pretty hot but there is no reason a moderatly loaded round will not work. The PPC does not have very much case taper but Im sure with a no neck turn chamber it would be fine if the chamber was not a supoer tight match type set up. I plan on doing one some day but I can get more out of a simple 243 than the 6mm PPC will ever do and the same can be done witha 22-250 or oter .223 cal round. however it would be a barrel change only on a AK. BTW PPC brass is very expensive un less you form it from 7.62x39 brass then your not going to have the main advantage that the PPC has over other rounds in that the PPC is generaly formed from 220 russian or from hight quality norma or Lupa PPC brass. A 220 russian would be the way to go IMOO on a AK length mag as it has the same case taper as the x39.

The 250-300 AKA the 250 savage is a good choice for a conversion its about the same as doing a 308 or 243 conversion. 25 cal barrels are not as common in the take off market but occasionaly you will see one on Gun broker. a 25-06 would be a good donner and then rechamber it. I might do a barrel at some point for the switch barrel build but thats way down the road. I like the 6mm amd 6.5 mm bullet selection much better than the .25 selection but it a fine calibure my mother hunts occasional with a 250 savage as well as her main gun being a 257 roberts and it has killed a lot of deer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.