Thread: 5.56 mags and the rommy B/C

Feedback Score

Default 5.56 mags and the rommy B/C

there is a post/statment that I made with reguards to a 5,56 boldt head and carier fit to 5.56 mags.
    " like this ( photo), (photo). funney this you bring this up my rommy "G" B/C pass right thrue a 5.56 mag. when my camra recharges its batterys Ill post a photo of what my -47 B/C looks like with a SAR3 mag. muttman "
    Biggun you were correct with reguards to the k-var 5.56 mags if they are made like the -74 mags.

first thing to eyeball is the mag feed lips span on a 5.56 mag.

promag - 11mm
    -74 mag - 11mm at breach side and < 11mm (10.9mm) at the buttstock side.
    sar3- 10mm

next thing is the part of the boldt that pushes the case out of the mag, keep in mind that this part on a -74 boldt is 9mm wide.
    bulgy 5.56 boldt head - 11mm. and the rommy B/C at the part that fits in the mag is 11mm
    here are some photos of boldt head to mag and B/C to mag fit. the 3 mags were promag, sar3, bulgy-74. muttman
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

Default rest of photos

in order of photo's
    promag, -74, sar3. muttman
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

Out of all of the Romanian kits I've had, a couple of them had tapered, rounded bottom bolt carriers like Chinese ones. At first I thought they were cheaper production ones since they didn't match the AKM standard flat bottom ones. I sold and traded them away before I knew about the Bulgarian 5.56 bolt carriers being cut to clear 5.56 magazines.They aren't common at all, but they should clear all 5.56 magazines if you can find them.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.