Thread: Which ejector for 7.62x25 build

Feedback Score

Default Which ejector for 7.62x25 build

So I am working on the beginning stages of a 7.62x25 build and want to know which size ejector to use. I am assuming that I would just use a 5.45 ejector correct?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

All US made ejector rails I've seen are the same length, too long for fitting to your specific receiver and caliber. Universal fit.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I have used the AK builder rails for the AK47, but others would work. Since the cartridge is shorter, I wanted the tip of the ejector moved further forward. I cut a piece of the left rail off to let me move the ejector tip forward. After welding the rail in place, I took the piece I cut off and spot welded it behind the welded in rail to extend the rail back close to its original length.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

You need to be sure the ejector is located such that an UNFIRED round can be ejected so that any time you need to eject an unfired round, bad primer, etc. you can do so. Learned that the hard way one time

The 7.62x25 uses the same bolt face dimensions as a 5.45x39, so you *should* be able to use the standard length 5.45 ejector. Which is to say the "long" one in comparison to a 7.62x39 ejector.

Feedback Score

In a standard thickness AK-74 receiver the ejector tip is 0.580" from the left outside of the receiver.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

so if one was to use a nodak recv'r to build an x25 AK which recv'r for the AK74 would one use?

All the talk about ejectors makes me think an nds-3 would not work because it is for the AK47 thus the ejector is to short...correct?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by BIG 54R View Post
    so if one was to use a nodak recv'r to build an x25 AK which recv'r for the AK74 would one use?

All the talk about ejectors makes me think an nds-3 would not work because it is for the AK47 thus the ejector is to short...correct?
    you want to use a 74' ejector rail, as the case head of the 7.62x25 cartridge is about the same as a 5.45x39 cartridge. However any standard AK rail is too far back for the X25, so any rail will need modification.

Ejection is spotty on my 7.62x25mm Gas operated AK with the standard AK74 rail on an NDS-2. When I finaly get a welder I will move the ejector tip .5" forward.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

what is cost beakdown for one of tese conversions

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.