Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: .45 bushmaster (thumper) ak

Feedback Score

All,
    For me this will be a recycled mpki stub from aaok. The stub has a thred pitch of 25x1.5mm. So it can be reamed out to .995" or thredd the barrel (better). So at this point I just need to find a reamer and make some side plates.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Check the prices of Saiga 308 on Gunbroker. Right now you can get one for about $400 delivered depending on the day of the week

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

HMMMM I would not mind having a second Saiga to turn in to a parts kit to make a decent gun out of. $400 is getting pretty close to my budget. what I dont get is they cost no more to make than any other saiga but they tack on a extra $150+ just because it shoots .308. They would sell a ton of them if they were priced accordingly.

I bet there is not more than three dollars differant in production costs. every one would have one if they were $350 new like they should be. either that of sthrow some decent furniture on them as well as a decent trigger so they can be used as is.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

If I was going to do a 458 or so size build on a saiga Id give it some balls and use a 308 length case but with a more case capacity. the 458x2 barnes AKA the 458x2 american would be perfect for this it uses a cut down 458 mag case or any other mag case to make a round that fits in a 308 length mag. I was working on a 1.5" version when the bushmaster came out. Im thinking one of those 7.62x54r variants would be perfecct for a conversion as the bolt face should be closer. it also head spaces on the belt instad of the case mouth so that means you wont have to case trim and mic every reload like the 450 bush, socom, beoulf, 444???? gunco suprise express LOL

there is also a 458x1.5 barnes that has been done as well and is pretty damm cloase to what i was working on.

Feedback Score

well dang,
    emailed 4-d reamers and ask if he had a reamer and the reply did not look good for me,
    " you are the first one to ask for that size" so they wont be getting one soon!
    muttman

TRX
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Try Dave Kiff at Pacific.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Id just buy it for $130 or so get one with a removable pilot. Im sure you could sell it for around close to what you pay for it. You kmight be able to even do it cheaper than renting.

if i wasent so swamped with other projects Id buy one and just do a chamber for you for a small fee. Im sure there would be some intrest in chambered barrels if you had the reamer.

Feedback Score

Bg,
    If I can get one we might work out a trade. I'll be needing some x25 chamber's recut/lenthend and other work.
    Muttman

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

let me know. Im hoping to get back in the shop more one winter hits and things out side slow down

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.