Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: receiver flex

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

damn calc'ed the bolt thrust for the 338 lapua and holy cow! 16485 psi thats one hot round.

i still get amazed at the number of replies to this simple post from people who really know their shit. it gives a noob like me years of trial and error at my finger tips. thanks!
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

The chambering reamers and sizing dies for any of the 6.5x54 variants will have to be custom made. That's why I went to the 6.5x54 Mannlicher instead - and it's available in both rimmed and rimless variants.
    there should be prints on file with a reamer maker. it dont cost much more to have one cut than one off the shelf. Id guess around $150 or so another option is having a existing reamer recut have a 7.62x54 cut down to 6.5mm. I have been wantong to do a Mosin in 6.5 for a while.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The 6.5 Mannlicher is, for all practical purposes, a 6.5x54R. Take a look at the cartridge shapes.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote:
    biggun, didnt even get as far as looking at the case diameter on the x54 vs the others.

Rim diameter 14.40 mm (0.567 in)
    Go to Wiki and do a search on the different rounds, most have that info on there if you don't have a reloading book.
    300 WSM is .535x2.100 take that case neck it down an you got a serious longrange rifle. better watch the pressures. Id look at the 6.5 rem short mag its pretty good if loaded a little lighter would be perfect for a PSL Im sure with some extractor work you can get a .032 smaller case head to extract.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote:
    biggun, didnt even get as far as looking at the case diameter on the x54 vs the others.

Rim diameter 14.40 mm (0.567 in)
    Go to Wiki and do a search on the different rounds, most have that info on there if you don't have a reloading book.
    300 WSM is .535x2.100 take that case neck it down an you got a serious longrange rifle. better watch the pressures. Id look at the 6.5 rem short mag its pretty good if loaded a little lighter would be perfect for a PSL Im sure with some extractor work you can get a .032 smaller case head to extract.

check these numbers out

6.5 mm Remington Magnum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

6.5mm Rem. Mag.

Cartridge Diagrams

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

6.5x54r round in russian.

6.5x54R Russian Match / MUNICION.ORG

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

6.5 is the fabled 'magic' boolit.
    Charter member-Busted Box Club est. 2006

"I will adhere to the Patriot Act, the one signed in 1776"
    - Marc Anderson

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

That's why I have a 6.5 barrel for my 1905 Ross straight-pull, and I'm setting it up for a semi-wildcat - 6.5x54 Mannlicher-Snoenauer rimless chamber reamer, shortened M-S dies, and .303 British brass. The rifle came in .303, so the bolt and magazine ought to work okay.

There was a 6.5 Steyr-Mannlicher rimmed cartridge that predated the M-S, but dies are a lot more expensive.

I'm also planning to do my Hadar in 6.5 Grendel; looking at the ballistic charts, the 6.5 seems to be in a "sweet spot" dor sectional density and ballistics.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.