Gunco Forums banner

Ak barrel blanks

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  hcpookie 
#1 ·
Green mountain has a sale on 7.62 blanks $33, ordered a couple Im putting an extension on 1 for AR chambering for it 7.62x25 an doing other one for AK chambering it for 7.62x25

Gunsmith Edition 20" AK Barrel Blank

#6 ·
why not just make it a blow back??????????? no extension needed. Im not a AR guy so Im not sure whats involved on a blow back AR. I just know that 7.62x25 is super dirty and that the AR system has enough problems with out adding really dirty ammo to the problem.
the gas system works well, Im not a fan of blowback, basic difference is 1 $28 part, and this gun will be shooting surplus ammo, I clean my guns after shooting them
Real good artical in shotgunnews where they tested one, wish I had a link

#8 ·
I already have an AR that shoots 5.45x39 it would not take long to drop a magwell adapter in and change barrels, The gun shoots surplus 5.45.
The way I think is if a gun wont shoot ANY ammo you put in it, from surplus to the best match grade Im uninterested. you may not always have a choice!

#9 ·
They now have .22s in various twists, .311, .308, 9mm, .451 (.45 ACP), .40, and 6.8mm.

I don't know what you'd do with a 20" long .40 barrel, other than cut it up for three or four pistol barrels. .400 Whelen, maybe?

#16 ·
Thanks for the heads-up on these blanks, these are really good prices! A good way to make some cheap AK builds... .40/10mm, .45, 9mm, nice stuff! May have to put these on my Christmas list! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.