Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: x25.. gas or blowback??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default x25.. gas or blowback??

current 7.62x25 concensus??

i believe i have read most of the threads here and it looks to me blowback seem to be the prefered method...

which is easier? more reliable? cost efective?

to those who have done it, what would you do different?

do you think the eod bolt is a good dollar to labor trade?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

heres a noob perspective. i have started down this road, read just about everything i could find here and elsewhere. this is my 1st ak build and have read the warnings that this is an advanced project for a first timer. that being said, what i have learned from the many post is the gas-op is a tweakers special. it will require adjustments to get right. blowback on the other hand is straight forward,relatively speaking based on experience. as soon as my mags arrive i will start working the pieces. i am a true glutton for punishment and tend to start with the more complicated option. my thought is if i can pull this off then everything else is cake. the azhonky builds and writeups are the best i have seen. the 2xtm posts were good, but for some reason i cant find it anymore. read everything, when you think you have a good grasp of the build, read some more and ask lots of questions. my vote is blowback on the first on and gas-op next.
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Feedback Score

these conversions have become very popular
    Im building a gas/piston as we speak
    this is a very good thread on it the builder doubletapme thinks out side the lines and is not in it to make a buck,he is as good as there is. its a long thread but a must read!!

2XTM builds a Tokarev caliber Krinkov

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Both have been done, and I'd think the main factor would be your skill and tools.
    If your going with the EOD bolt, then blow-back for sure.
    They are both reliable but they both need to be tuned or dialed in. A blow-back needs more mods done to the bolt and the bolt needs to stay closed long enough to get the most out of the powder burn but still cycle properly (if you go with the EOD, nevermind the mods part). A gas operated would more then likely need a shorter gas system (most I've seen are like this) and this wouldn't be difficult with minimum tools, also a gas-op system will keep the bolt closed longer to get the most out of the round.

"dollar to labor trade", if you have the tools to make one it would be a lot cheaper to do it yourself, but if you don't then I don't think it too bad a price.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

geeze... i had decided on a blowback, but now i am thinking gas. my only issue now is a front trunnion.. i want to use a galil kit i have with torched reciever but the front lugs are slag.

i have heard that you can use a milled ak front stub but i cannot find a source now... any leads? i would pay a premium for an actual galil front stub if i could find one..

another reason i was thinking blowback is because i figured i wouldn't be able to locate a galil front chunk with the lugs, as of now i cannot even locate one with the gas tube slots... so it looks like a milled ak front might be my only option.. but most of them appear to have lugs making gas piston a viable option..

Feedback Score

what mags are you using? have you got you magwell adapter yet?guess I'll be using pps41's. been playin with some poster board trying to mock up something

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

I'm wanting to dive into this one as well. It's next on my build list, as soon as I finish my x54R Tabuk clone. I figured maybe I could start looking at picking up some parts, since I'm in parts gathering mode right now anyway. Is there a good breakdown of what is needed ?? Is EOD selling the bolts outright?? I thought that he was only doing the conversions, not selling parts??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

i am grafting a pps43 kit and a galil. i allready have a x25 barrel and was thinking of the EOD bolt, but that 210 bucks might buy enough labor to just make it gas piston.. still cannot decide.

link to eod bolt, bottom of page. Erie Ordnance Depot, Serving the Black Swamp

Feedback Score

I found an ak74 bolt, carrier and front trunion very reasonable
    but a guy could use ak47 and mod the bolt,
    Lichtenberg Research and Design - Bolt Face Pocket Bushings

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

timely thread as I have begun researching the same again.

I'm looking at pinning the bolt closed and another mod that I am researching at the moment.

I would love to read the 2xtm threads but I am not a member at prexis...don't really know if I need to join another board...hmmm.
    would be worth it I guess...lots of good stuff over there!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.