Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Saigas and C.I.P. specifications

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by allesennogwat View Post
    I was referring to this information in the Lapua 338 Magnum story.

Lapua: Story of Lapua Magnum
    Yes I did see that and at least in the 06 file that I have it was corrected by C.P.I. I pulled the 7.62x54r calculations and data. Couldn't mind some more info from CPI but I never took french and they have there English page disabled..... Did find this Cartridge Pressure Standards. I wouldn't mind more data it can only help. What Polish data do you have, that sounds interesting?

Feedback Score

The Polish data is from results of ammo testing when Poland joined NATO. It includes NATO and Soviet cartridges except 5.45x39. I posted it here. I'll find the thread and post aa link. It's a small PDF file in English by the Polish military. The Soviet cartridges used in the testing are "reference" cartridges, not cheap military issue ammo. It has pressure, velocity and accuracy standards and test results compared.

Feedback Score

Here's the link to the Polish ammo testing data. If this doesn't work I'll try to post it another way.

http://www.gunco.net/forums/attachme...essures-29.pdf

Feedback Score

Thanks, the velocity of the polish test ammo looks to be inline with the surplus that is recorded from the 80s. I did see this a while a go and had to track it back down. Pressure trace with a Mosin. http://www.shootingsoftware.com/ftp/...ur%20rifle.pdf Isn't useful in comparison though.

Did some quick calculations for 6.5x55 and it looks nice it is under CPI 308 specifications for bolt thrust. The bolt thrust for the 6.5x57 Mauser is almost identical with a smaller case head and higher pressure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.