Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Saiga 410 to 500 S&W conversion

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

HMMM YOU SHOWING THE BOLT THRUST OF A 460 S&W HIGHER THAN A 308 WINCHESTER???? i dont have the numbers or dimenions handy but that is suprising to me. I thought the 460 was a pistol round and had much lower pressures even though the case Od is larger Id have though it ould be less. I really dont pay to much attention to the IMOO extra expensive pistol rounds like the .460 or the .500 but maybe I should.

Tromix did a 444 marlin on the 410 with out issue BTW. the 444 is loaded tho less chaber pressure than the 308 however.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    yikes the 460 is like way up there WOW.
    yeah, now you know why it makes me drool...
    it's rated for hunting Elk and other big game- FROM A PISTOL!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

damm its near 300 mag levels in pressure. that wont be done on a any of my builds any thime soon. the 500 however is a whole differant animal I see.

If you reload pretty much any round can be made doable, but what would be the point if a 454 or 45 would be the same as a down loaded 460.

I feel there is some advantages if you have a longer barrel and use rounds with more case capacity loaded to lower pressures. look at how much the 300 savage beats the
    x39 with about the same pressures.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Hey Willie -

I've been looking at my Saiga and various rimmed cartridges and I have a couple of questions.

1) Did you open up the cast-in lower/left side extractor hook or did you just cut it off?

2) the barrel is coned where the sprung extractor hook rides, and the hook is hollow-ground to match. When the shotgun goes into battery it mostly releases the shotshell rim, which is just weird as hell. Did you cone the end of your .50 barrel or just clearance it for the hook?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.