Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Starting 7.62x25 Gas Op Build-Advice Appreciated

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

its all about if you want to use factory mags with no alteration or not...

i luv the 41 mags for dependability & center feed, but the 43 mags will work with no alteration and still interchange in my 43 and my TOK AR.

so that put me back to the 43 mags.

s
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Well, I am picking up a blowback bolt and EOD magwell from another member, so I will have those 2 parts for a blowback, but I still intend to do a gas op. I guess I'll just do both. Maybe a blowback pistol, and a gas op carbine or SBR.

The big issue now is barrel selection. I know the .311 blank from GM is not optimum for accuracy, but I'm not looking for perfection. I truly can't envision me using these for anything much beyond 50 yards. If I can keep a 6 inch group at 50 yards, that is perfectly acceptable to me. Would the .311 bore acheive this?
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

2nd What is a EOD magwel look like? what mags does it use?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Even though 43 mags are double column feed they would work just fine as the back of the locking lugs also guide the bullets to the middle so I don't understand why it would matter which mags would be used but I suppose center feed mags would make it a little easier. For a blowback I'd love to see detailed picture of the bolt face on the eod unit I wonder if a guy could modify the bolt in a pps43 kit and weld it to an ak carrier

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

2nd, get a hold of 1biggun, he was doing barrel for the x25 a little while ago.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

sure you can do 6" groups at 50yds....

its more about getting the feel of the gun.

TOK's arent that accurate in anything, but hitting skeet on a pole at 50yds is doable with just a little practice een out of the 10" barrels and they are all pretty loose.

(my preference on 41over 43 mags is more from the subby conversions and center feed just always works better than stagger on those builds.. if its in the middle, half of the possible feeding issues are eliminated.. :-) )
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Rapid, it "should" be pictured on Erie Ordinance's website. I don't have a pic handy. It uses the PPS43 mags, and has a feed ramp built in to the magwell.

Coild, I am already in discussion with 1biggun, but I still need to provide him with a barrel with which to machine. Just not sure at the moment which is best. a PPS43 barrel, cut and sleeved for the AK74 trunnion, or a .311 GM blank, or ????? There are so many possibilities, that I'm confused as to the "best" approach. (best being easily modified, and relatively inexpensive.)

"J" when I get the bolt, I'll shoot you some pics.

ditigaf, I feel you on the 41 mags over the 43 mags. the center feed I think is a better starting point, but short of getting a nice milled magwell from 2XTM, the 43 magwell seems to be the easier route.

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

2nd, how about I just send one of my gm .311 blanks and have him make a pair of barrels since I need one too, talk to him about your specs but I'm looking at basicly an 8 inch barrel regular barrel parts gas op as a pistol. Then that would leave basicly 12 inches of the blank for you, would that work?

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

That works for me!!! I know we had talked about that the other night on the phone, but I wasn't sure if you were just thinking out loud, or if you were serious. I'll e-mail him, and see what we can work out. Thanks!!! (also I got things worked out for that front stub for you that we were discussing)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    That works for me!!! I know we had talked about that the other night on the phone, but I wasn't sure if you were just thinking out loud, or if you were serious. I'll e-mail him, and see what we can work out. Thanks!!! (also I got things worked out for that front stub for you that we were discussing)
    Awesome, let me know how much the stub is. Yeah email biggun and and let him know about our idea and see what he needs from us besides my blank

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.