Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Starting 7.62x25 Gas Op Build-Advice Appreciated

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Finally starting the actual build. I'm in the process of milling out the trunnion to get the correct fit between the magwell, mag, and barrel. Here's what she looked like before milling the trunnion to fit:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

2nd, i have some hand guards in black poly. i think they at kvar but not sure. slightly used. i let a friend have them for a saiga conversion but never used them. i will have them back in a day or so
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Smart, I take it that you mean your handguards are for sale?

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

nah you can have'm. want the pg and stock too?
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

SURE!!!!! Thanks! Will PM contact info.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

More progress pics:

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

To anyone who has done a gas op 7.62x25 based AKM, how close were you able to get the magazine to the end of the barrel? Were you able to mill enough out of the bottom of the trunnion to get the mag forward enough to where the tip of the round was entering the barrel before the case rim was out of the magazine?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Here are some photos of the one I built. I cut into the bottom of the trunnion so far back that I tack welded the bullet guide into place because I cut back thru the original rivit. You can see how the magwell was cut to fit up close into the trunnion.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

looking good so far chris have you thought about trimming the front of the mag well soit'son the outside of your receiver in the front maybe that would give you a little more room to get the mag farther forward

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

WOW SW44, that way farther than I have mine I may have to take some more off, but I'm waiting on the barrel. As soon as I get that I can do some further work.

"J" I like the way the magwell fits into the AK receiver at the moment. It allows for easy welding/mounting. I may take off a little more like SW44 aand tack weld the bullet guide into place. I'm still just aft of the rivet at the moment. We'll see when I get the barrel section from Bob.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.