Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Starting 7.62x25 Gas Op Build-Advice Appreciated

Feedback Score

Good to see someone else using clecos to hold their parts in place! I have a TOK build in progress myself(my first build actually), using an AMD-65 kit and a receiver I bent out of 301 1/2 hard stainless. Hopefully my barrel shows up in the next week or two!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Gotta love Clecos!!!!! Used them on all of my builds. Somewhere in the 15 range so far. They work great. I've built 2 from stainless as well. On the side I'm working on another stainless receiver for one of my Yugo M70 underfolders. Trimmed it all up today. Good luck with yours Girth.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

well thought this was gonna be your finish pix... LOL

keep after it!
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

I wish Dutigaf!!!! Still waiting for my barrel.

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

OK, got my barrel, so now I am back on it. Hope to make some progress this week/weekend.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Default Update

Finally got back on this build. finished milling out the bottom of the trunnion to fit the magwell. Also swiss cheesed the bolt carrier to lighten it up as much as possible. Here is a mock up pic, as well as the bolt carrier:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

nice looking mock-up, seeing that makes me want to head to the shop.
    I really like that 2nd

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

very cool chris i can't wait to start mine. instead of a gas block front sight combo i'm going to modify the front sight to mount the gas tube to it like a bizon since mine will be blowback. i need to order a pps43 kit for the mag well and i think i might modify the 43's bolt and weld it to a carrier. when will you be rady to take it for a test run?

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

J, I have a spare PPS43 kit with magwell, if you're interested. Make you a great deal on it.

Thanks Rapid, I appreciate it. It's coming along. Hopefully I can have it ready to test by this coming weekend. Here's another pic of the progress so far:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Going to SBR it?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.