Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: AK TOK completed: first pix

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Looks great! Thanks for the Pics... Can't wait to see more!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Nice
    What section on the Guild did you put your write up?

heres the link if someone needs it
    Login

or just ask away and will do my best to explain anything ive missed right here.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score

great build sean,i new you would build one sooner or later.
    WARNING-i've been told by the purists that screw builds are dangerous so don't shoot your eye out.lol.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

thank you! coming from a master builder like you, i'll take that compliment!

funny you'd mention the screws as they actually had a purpose that im sure you noticed...

but will spill the beans for people who didnt.

the screws are not just cause for the trunny... they also hold in my plates that let the pps43 mags work in this build.

so i wanted it to stay even all over and match everywhere so it was logical to use screws everywhere...

now that i know it works it wouldnt be hard to do one of these in a rivet build.

oh and AZHonkey: someday one of those tradeable barrel deals will be in my plans! LOL

cause im CERTAIN that with just a barrel change this set up will run 9mm.. it works in the bolt, it works in the mag... all it needs is the quick change barrels!

:-)

Feedback Score

just kiddin about the screws,hell most of my builds were with screws allthough i did do a couple rivet builds.allways like screwin better then poundin it.lol.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

roflmao.........

uh im not so sure about that one. :-0 some days you just wanna screw em' others you wanna pound em'....

depends on what & how much ive had to drink.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Thanks Sean.

And I put 'em together each time so they come apart easily when they don't work!

The angle of the mag and receiver body gave me fits. Definitely helped with screws!
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

you'll laugh but will tell you anyway...

the mag in this set up is pretty much a given if you are working from the rails it has to be at that height.

the side to side was all about finding the proper thickness of metal for the space.

of all the things in a build i messed up the easy one and cut the angle on the mag catch BACKWARDS.

rookie mistake and i knew better but was getting "build fever" and wanted to shoot it.

there ya go my stupid moment of the build.

s

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Great job!!!! Would love to see the innards of the magwell to see how you did that.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

its all in the mini tutorial..

but the quick and dirty of it is i used some spacer plates. 12 gauge was teh correct thickness and just shaped them to screw in at the trunny in front and the added screws right behind the mag dimples on the back side..

then the bottom plate is just a piece of 12 guage that i put on there so that the hole looked better.

im all about the "simple"!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.