Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rechamber vz58 barrel to 7.62x25?

Feedback Score

Default rechamber vz58 barrel to 7.62x25?

It seems to me that you could chop off the chamber of a cheap vz58 barrel and ream it to 7.62x25 tokarev and still have plenty of diameter at the chamber. However i heard somewhere your not supposed to use reamers on a chrome lined barrel. It would be a great starting point for a x25 ak. you would have to plug the gas port if you were going blowback though.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by akfiend View Post
    It seems to me that you could chop off the chamber of a cheap vz58 barrel and ream it to 7.62x25 tokarev and still have plenty of diameter at the chamber. However i heard somewhere your not supposed to use reamers on a chrome lined barrel. It would be a great starting point for a x25 ak. you would have to plug the gas port if you were going blowback though.
    My take has always been that if you are going to rechamber a barrel and have access to a lathe, you might as well start off with a new blank.

If you decide to go with the VZ58 barrel, the chrome is going to put some serious wear on your reamer, and then you still wind up with an non chromed chamber.

The other thing to remember is that the VZ58 barrel has a smaller outside diameter and will require a sleeve if you are going to use it in an AK trunnion

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

If you cut off the chamber you'll have to sleeve it, and it will be even shorter than its already short 15" length. OK for a pistol but something to keep in mind for a rifle build.
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score

i was thinking a perm attatched muzzle break but this is looking to not be as convenient as i was thinking. best bet would probably be jus go with a blank like classicmachine said.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

lot of wasted time for a barrel that is to short no longer fits and is .311 vs .308 and you will destroy your reamer. BAD IDEA IMOO.

what were you going to use the barrel on?? you can buy a blank for $33 why go to all the hassel of trying to make some thing work that will take a ton of labor and then still need a extension??

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

The right way to do it would be to make a chamber insert. However the $33 blank is the best option.

Mark

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

The right way to do it would be to make a chamber insert. However the $33 blank is the best option.

Mark
    not much room for a insert and it would have way to much free bore to very accurate. I have a few inserts for a sevral guns and accuracy is iffy.

Feedback Score

1biggun if i remember correctly iv heard of you doing your own barrel profiling and chambering. if i buy a blank and pay to ship it to you and back and throw a lil $ your way would you be willing to chamber and profile a barrel for me? if so pm me.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

1biggun if i remember correctly iv heard of you doing your own barrel profiling and chambering. if i buy a blank and pay to ship it to you and back and throw a lil $ your way would you be willing to chamber and profile a barrel for me? if so pm me.
    Is this for a AK??? I am going to be doing some more work in the near futrue and have several lined up currently for guys. Send me a PM when you ready or better yet a Email. I can likely do it. a VZ barrel is to small at the shank for a AK BTW.

Feedback Score

yes it would be a romanian pattern barrel in 7.62x25.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.