Thread: 7.65mm Auto/.32 ACP builds?

Feedback Score

Default 7.65mm Auto/.32 ACP builds?

With the number of front-end barrel stubs floating around (which have very little 'meat' at the cut), has anyone thought about doing a semi-auto blowback pistol build like the Czech Skorpian?

Feedback Score

How about a single shot derringer in .30 carbine from one of those barrel pieces ??? Remember those small single shot pistol kits that used stamped sheet steel layers rivited together to form the frame ???

VD

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Viper Dude View Post
    How about a single shot derringer in .30 carbine from one of those barrel pieces ??? Remember those small single shot pistol kits that used stamped sheet steel layers rivited together to form the frame ???VD
    You mentioned .30 Carbine, which made me think of my buddy's search for 7.65Long to use in his 1935A and the conclusion he'd have to trim .30 Carbine brass.

Modèle 1935 pistol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seemed like a good pistol, but from what I've read most are laid up for lack of ammunition. So what about using AK barrel stubs for .32ACP as replacement barrels for the 35A? For those who don't reload, maybe it's easier to make a replacement barrel and magazine mod?

* Mods might want to move this to a more-appropriate area.

Feedback Score

Hello Story,
    The 7.65 French long pistol cartridge came from the same inspiration as the .30 US carbine round... ie the WW-l Pedersen device round, M-1918 cartridge. It uses the Pedersen round !!! I believe that all are .308 inch diameter bullets. The Pedersen round was simply a overcharged .32 ACP stretched a bit and a tiny bit smaller case diameter.

The 7.62x39mm AK barrel (stubs...) use a .311 inch bore but still can shoot .308 inch bullets though not with benchrest results.

A .32 ACP conversion for the French 1935A pistol may not have enough energy to cycle the slide. Maybe a very hot load .32ACP would work.

VD

Feedback Score

In case anyone is bored enough to try this -

VZ-61 Skorpion .32 ACP Pistol Magazines. Pouch set comes with (2)Two Skorpion 20rnd. Magazines, and Original Magazine Pouch. Limited Qty... Very Hard to Find...

$99.99 $39.99
    Cope's Distributing

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.